Honey Sriracha MeatballsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Appetizers, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Mamma Mia, have we got some spicy meatballs for you today! These Honey Sriracha Meatballs are crafted with lean ground turkey, meaning that not only are they yummy, they’re healthy, too. And they also pack in a healthy dose of spice—so they’re filled with flavor in every single bite.
Our Honey Sriracha Meatball recipe swaps out regular ground meat for lean ground turkey. If you’re unfamiliar with choosing meat on your Nutrisystem meal plan, check out the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide > This guide will give you the unwavering confidence you need to make smart and healthy choices the next time you come face-to-face with selecting meats.
It all starts off with creating the perfect meatball and while the turkey, egg and breadcrumbs recreate the tantalizing texture of a classic meatball, the honey sriracha is a sweet substitute for the mainstream marinara. Rolling out and crafting the meatballs is the most hands-on part of the recipe, which means it’s the perfect time to get the whole family involved! It can be a fun family activity that will make healthy eating even more exciting.
Whipping up the honey sriracha sauce is quick and easy. All you need to do is pour all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat to a boil while stirring occasionally. Once the meatballs are baked and the sauce is finished boiling, you can toss the two together. Chop some chives and grab your sesame seeds and just like that, your Honey Sriracha Meatballs are ready to go!
And when you’re on the go, it can be hard to keep track of all the meals and snacks you’ve eaten. Fortunately for you, our free food tracking app, NuMi, does all the hard work for you! Easily log each serving of these delicious Honey Sriracha Meatballs here >
If you’re a meatball lover like we are, you can check out these other great recipes to satisfy your craving the Nutrisystem-approved way:
- Slow Cooker Kale and Beef Meatballs >
- Chipotle Turkey Meatballs >
- Vegetarian Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (3 meatballs = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 216
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 3 Extras
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- Chopped chives
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients, Mix until well combined.
- Roll turkey mixture into about 1-inch meatballs. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until outside is golden. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- For the honey sriracha sauce, combine all ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat to a boil then simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss meatballs in honey sriracha sauce. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.