Mushroom Onion Burger with BruschettaRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches, Customer Submitted, Main Courses
Pile on the flavor and fiber with this Mushroom Onion Burger recipe that features the one and the only Nutrisystem Classic Hamburger! Topped with homemade heirloom tomato Bruschetta and a medley of sautéed mushrooms and onions, this Nutrisystem food hack is sure to help you get in your daily Vegetable servings.
This recipe was submitted by Nutrisystem member, HD, through our Recipe Submission page. HD enjoys having this mushroom burger open-faced, with the bruschetta on the top half of the bun and the hamburger patty and sautéed mushrooms and onions on the bottom half. The bruschetta is like an appetizer! “When adding extra ingredients like grilled mushrooms and onions, it makes the burger so tall, I thought I’d split it up and use the top part of the bun for a homemade bruschetta to serve along side the burger. This is extra filling,” says HD. “It was tasty and nice to have a big appetizer like bruschetta, and didn’t miss the other half of the bun on this burger because it was piled high with pan-grilled mushrooms and onions.”
Homemade bruschetta and cooked veggies isn’t the only thing this tasty mushroom burger has. It also features a homemade burger sauce that’s simple and easy to make! It contains a blend of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard and steak seasoning, all Free Foods on the Nutrisystem plan. Add a drizzle of this sauce to your burger and use the save rest for using with steak or grilled chicken!
This recipe contains 283 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it in your NuMi app journal as one Nutrisystem Lunch and one Vegetable.
If you enjoy this Nutrisystem food hack featuring our Classic Hamburger, you’ll love our other recipe for a Nutrisystem Pizza Burger! Check it out here. >
Running low on the Nutrisystem Classic Hamburger? Click here to stock up your freezer with this frozen favorite! >
Calories per Serving: 283
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch and 1 Vegetable (or 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Vegetable)
- 1 Nutrisystem Hamburger with bun
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms. Cook until browned, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Hamburger to the pan. Cover and cook for about 1 minute. Flip the hamburger and place the bun face side down in the pan. Cover again and cook for 1 more minute.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the Hamburger patty on the bottom half of the bun. Top with cooked veggies and sauce.
- Combine heirloom tomatoes, basil and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Stack the bruschetta mixture on top of the other half of the hamburger bun.