Nutrisystem Pizza BurgerRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Lunches, Main Courses
Upgrade your Nutrisystem Hamburger to a cheesy, Italian-inspired Pizza Burger with just a few simple ingredients. This easy, diet-friendly recipe is reminiscent of a chicken Parmesan sandwich made with an all-beef patty, part-skim mozzarella, whole grain breadcrumbs and low sodium tomato sauce. We pile it high onto a soft, whole wheat bun for the perfect portable pizza night.
The Nutrisystem Hamburger is a great canvas for your delicious lunch ideas and recipes. You can top these burgers off with your favorite grocery additions to turn it into a recipe that is truly yours. The possibilities are endless, from adding extra PowerFuels like cheese or eggs to piling on the flavor factor with Extras and Free Foods. Top your burger with your favorite non-starchy vegetables for a nutrient-dense veggie lover’s burger that’s rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Check out our extended Grocery Guide for never-ending burger topping inspiration. Running low on Nutrisystem Hamburgers and want quick and easy meal delivery to your door? Click here to stock up your freezer! >
Have you come up with a tasty take on one of your favorite Nutrisystem meals or snacks? Have you been practicing your Flex meal cooking skills in the kitchen and love to create new recipes? Make sure to share all of your unique ideas on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Our members and followers are smart, creative and innovative and we always love to see your user generated content, recipes and ideas. That’s why we have created a Recipe Submission page to share all of your delicious creations! Take a moment to submit your own recipe before you go. It could help someone else on their own weight loss journey to health and wellness. Click here to submit your recipe! >
Here at The Leaf Weight Loss Blog, we are tried-and-true burger fans. From cheeseburgers to turkey burgers, there’s no burger we don’t love. However, the average burger from your favorite fast food joint or restaurant is usually far from healthy (What would it take to burn off that burger? Click here to find out! >). That’s why we’ve made it one of our goals to fill our recipe section with burger recipes that fit into your weight loss menu. Check out some of our favorite lightened-up burger recipes below! You can also look to them for some inspiration to transform your Nutrisystem Hamburger into another great meal.
- Keep the Italian vibes going with an Italian Turkey and Mozzarella Burger >
- If you’re following a low carb diet, you’ll love our Lettuce Wrapped Mushroom and Swiss Burger >
- Enjoy a veggie feast with this meaty Mega Beet Burger >
- Dig into a burger with an Asian-inspired twist by making these Cheeseburger Egg Rolls >
- Go plant-based for Meatless Monday with Healthy Edamame Quinoa Burgers >
- Turn a classic appetizer idea into a full-on feast with a Caprese Turkey Burger >
- Bring some seafood in on the burger action with this Salmon Burger with Herb Cream Sauce >
- Meaty, zesty and stuffed with cheese, spicy food fans will love this Spicy Inside-Out Cheeseburger >
- Pineapple on pizza is controversial. Pineapple on a burger? Amazing. Try it on this Hawaiian Jerk Burger >
Now back to the burger recipe at hand! To make this cheesy Pizza Burger, get started by preparing your Nutrisystem Hamburger according to the package’s directions. While it’s cooking, place one egg white in a small bowl and two tablespoons of breadcrumbs in another bowl. Bread the hamburger patty by dipping it into the egg white and then in the breadcrumbs. Next, heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the breaded burger and cook for two minutes on each side. When the burger becomes golden, top it with two tablespoons of low sodium marinara sauce and two tablespoons of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover the burger and continue cooking until the cheese has fully melted. Place the burger onto the bun and enjoy!
One serving of this delicious Nutrisystem Pizza Burger contains 404 calories and a whopping 21 grams of protein. Keep track of this meal and all of your Nutrisystem food by logging it into the NuMi app. NuMi is easy to navigate, just like your Nutrisystem meal plan! Learn more about the NuMi app, then click here to log this recipe into your own personal food journal. >
The Leaf Pro Tip: Turn this Pizza Burger into a White Pizza Burger by swapping the marinara sauce with a light or reduced fat alfredo sauce. Just like with a real pizza, you can also top your Pizza Burger with many different toppings! Non-starchy vegetables are unlimited on the Nutrisystem program and make the perfect addition to any savory supper. Make a veggie lover’s pie by piling your burger high with sliced bell peppers, onions, spinach and tomatoes. Not sure what qualifies as a non-starchy vegetable? Refer to the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide for guidance! It contains many examples of PowerFuels, SmartCarbs, Vegetables, Extras and Free Foods that you can choose from throughout your weight loss journey.
Hungry for more hot and cheesy pizza? The Nutrisystem a la carte store offers several different diet-friendly varieties for your weight loss menu. We even deliver them directly to your door just like your local pizza place! Stock up on some of our favorites below!:
- Keep things simple with a classic slice of an old-fashioned favorite. Check out our Margherita Pizza >
- A pizzeria-style pie with all of your favorite toppings. Try our Italian Sausage and Turkey Pepperoni Pizza >
- Bacon, ranch and pizza for only 9 grams of fat? Get it here with our Chicken and Bacon Ranch Pizza >
- Enjoy another tasty combination of classic comfort foods. Cheesesteaks and pizza unite in this Cheesesteak Pizza >
- No freezer room? No problem! Dig into our non-frozen Thick Crust Pizza >
Looking for a convenient meal delivery service? We’re here for you! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans or shop our a la carte menu. >
Calories per Serving: 404
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 1 Nutrisystem® Hamburger
- 2 Tbsp. marinara sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Heat Nutrisystem Hamburger according to package's directions.
- Place egg white in a small bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip hamburger patty in the egg white and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium-high heat. Once hot, add the breaded burger. Cook on each side for about two minutes or until golden.
- Top the burger with marinara sauce and cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Place burger onto the bun.