This Caprese Turkey Burger puts a savory spin on the classic flavor combo of mozzarella cheese and fresh tomato. Counting as one SmartCarb and two PowerFuels, this hearty burger makes a perfect flex dinner. Just add a big green salad and you’re all set!
Calories per Serving: 282
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 PowerFuels
- 5 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. almond flour
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. (2 slices) mozzarella, part skim
- 2, 1/2-inch thick sliced tomato
- Handful of basil
- 2 small whole wheat buns
- Combine ground turkey, garlic powder, almond flour and pepper.
- Form two patties.
- Place patties on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Broil on high for three minutes on each side.
- Add one slice of mozzarella on each burger at the last minute to melt.
- Place burger on bun, topped with one tomato slice, a handful of basil and finish with the top bun.