Whip up this fresh and filling Panzanella Salad for a quick-and-easy dinner. Complete with a homemade vinaigrette, this Panzanella Salad is a delicious, diet-friendly meal that packs in the nutritional value and flavor.
Your taste buds and waistline will both be thanking you after eating this Mediterranean-inspired salad. Made with an array of healthy ingredients, this recipe is the perfect pick after a long day. To make this Panzanella salad, start by combining lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to create the homemade vinaigrette. Once vinaigrette is thoroughly combined, add chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, artichoke hearts, feta cheese crumbles and shredded rotisserie chicken to a large mixing bowl and toss. Drizzle the tossed salad with the homemade vinaigrette and enjoy. Pro tip: If you’re making this salad in advance, wait on adding the homemade dressing until you’re ready to enjoy. You can store the salad and dressing in separate airtight containers to pack for a late night at the office.
This light but filling Panzanella Salad counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, two Vegetables and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. While this delicious dish is Nutrisystem-approved, it’s still important to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. Haven’t used our handy food tracker app yet? Learn all about it by checking out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
We’ve got plenty more easy-to-make salads that are perfect for busy schedules. Whip up a few of our favorites below:
- 3-Step Curried Rotisserie Chicken Salad >
- Seasonal Couscous Salad >
- Caprese Mason Jar Salad >
- Cobb Mason Jar Salad >
- Barley Waldorf Salad >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 315
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 2 Vegetables and 2 Extras
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 6” whole wheat pita bread, split and toasted
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup fat-free feta cheese crumbles
- 4 oz. (1 cup) cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken
- Put all ingredients in an airtight container and shake to combine.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle salad with vinaigrette, toss and divide into two bowls to serve.