Skinny Pumpkin Biscuits with Cinnamon ButterRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides, Snacks, Desserts
‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything! Just because you’re leading a healthy lifestyle, doesn’t mean you have to avoid your favorite pumpkin treats. Enjoy one of these warm Pumpkin Biscuits with homemade cinnamon butter for a a delicious and diet-friendly start to your day.
White flour is swapped for whole wheat pastry flour and sugar free maple syrup is used for added flavor. By making a few ingredient swaps and adding in a whole lot of delicious flavors, these Skinny Pumpkin Biscuits are bound to become your seasonal go-to. The best part about these delicious biscuits? They won’t totally derail your healthy diet like most flaky pastries do!
To make these biscuits, simply combine whole wheat flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Add in butter and combine until the biscuit batter is coarse. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, canned pumpkin and syrup, and pour into the biscuit batter. Mix until fully combined and scoop nine quarter-cup biscuits onto a lined baking sheet. Pop in the oven for about 14 minutes, top with the homemade cinnamon butter and enjoy!
This recipe yields nine biscuits and each biscuit counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving of these Pumpkin Biscuits in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Research suggests consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase your weight loss results—so keep logging! Easily log your Pumpkin Biscuits right here in NuMi >
Enjoy an entire season filled with diet-approved pumpkin treats! Check out a few more of our pumpkin favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 9 (1 biscuit = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 151
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 5 Tbsp. chilled light butter
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. light butter
- 2 tsp. honey
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add butter and combine using a pastry cutter until mixture is coarse. Chill for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, canned pumpkin and syrup.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir till well incorporated.
- Scoop out a little under ¼ cup of the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Honey Cinnamon Butter
- Combine light butter, honey and cinnamon. Use about 1 tsp. per biscuit.