Pumpkin spice fanatic? You need to bookmark this recipe. These Pumpkin Spice Bars are easy to make, absolutely delicious and fill all your pumpkin spice cravings without totally derailing your healthy diet.
Behold the season of candy and lattes and pie. With temptations surrounding us just about everywhere, we sometimes find ourselves slipping up with our healthy eating habits and indulging in one too many calorie-filled sweet treats. Enter our Pumpkin Spice Bars. They’re just as delicious as a store bought candy bar, filled with bursts of pumpkin spice flavor, and totally Nutrisystem-approved.
Another awesome part of this fall favorite treat? They’re super simple to make! Simply melt butter with mini marshmallows, adding in pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree. Once all ingredients have formed a sauce-like consistency, pour over crisp rice cereal and thoroughly mix. Press the cereal mixture into a parchment-lined, eight-inch square pan and pop in the fridge to cool. Once the mixture has cooled and hardened, cut into 16 Pumpkin Spice Bars to share a healthy yet delicious dessert with the family. Trust us—they’ll want more than one!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each Pumpkin Spice Bar counts as just two Extras and clocks in at just 52 calories. Talk about a delicious diet win! As with all your daily food intake, make sure to log each serving in the NuMi app. Consistently logging your food and drink can increase your weight loss results. Read more about our easy-to-use food tracker app here >
We’ve got plenty of pumpkin spice recipes to add to your weekly menu. Check out a few more of our favorites below:
- Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge >
- Pumpkin Latte Super Shake >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites >
- Skinny Pumpkin Ice Cream >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 16 (1 bar)
Calories per Serving: 52
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp. light butter spread
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, packed
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. canned pumpkin puree
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over low heat. Add light butter spread and melt. Once melted, add mini marshmallows. Stir with a rubber spatula until melted.
- After marshmallows have melted add pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree.
- Add rice cereal and fold together until a thick mixture is formed.
- Press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving. Bars can be stored in the refrigerator and served chilled or served at room temperature.