It’s pizza night, and we’ve got a recipe that won’t lead you astray from your healthy lifestyle. This lower-carb alternative to cheesy pizza is a great way to pack in the nutrition while enjoying your favorite night of the week! Whip up our Sausage and Pepper Eggplant Pizza for the whole family and enjoy a cheese-filled, flavor-packed dinner that’s bound to become a menu regular.
To make this simple yet delicious recipe, cut a large eggplant in half. With a half of the eggplant, slice eight, half-inch rounds to use as your “pizzas.” Allow the rounds to sit for about 10 minutes and pat dry to ensure there is no remaining moisture on the eggplant. Arrange the pizzas on a nonstick baking sheet and coat each with nonstick cooking spray, garlic powder and black pepper. While the eggplant rounds bake for about 15 minutes, brown the chicken sausage in a nonstick skillet. Remove the pizzas from the oven and flip, topping each with a tablespoon of chicken sausage, a slice of provolone cheese and a few slices of green bell pepper. Pop back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted!
This delicious recipe makes four servings (two pizzas equal one serving). On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as two PowerFuels and half of a Vegetable. Heading to a get-together and want to bring these delicious pizzas along? Just double what the recipe calls for! And be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app—this way you can ensure you’re not enjoying one too many Sausage and Pepper Eggplant Pizzas! Easily log each serving of Sausage and Pepper Eggplant Pizza right here in NuMi >
Eggplant pizza is about to become your favorite Flex Meal! Check out two more eggplant pizza recipes to add to your menu:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (2 pizzas = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 224
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1/2 Vegetable
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into ½” thick rounds (8 slices)
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Italian chicken sausage
- ½ cup no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, place on paper towels and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with a nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While eggplant is baking, brown chicken sausage in a nonstick skillet. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove eggplant from oven and flip. Top each slice with ~1 Tbsp. of tomato sauce, ~1 Tbsp. chicken sausage, 1 slice of provolone cheese and a few slices of green bell pepper.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.