This recipe is perfect for pizza night, and one that the entire family will love. Enjoy pizza while losing weight by whipping up this healthy Roasted Red Pepper Eggplant Pizza recipe which is complete with a cheesy topping and a whole lot of flavor.
This healthier pizza recipe can be enjoyed guilt-free. Made with hearty and delicious eggplant as the pizza “crust,” this Roasted Red Pepper Eggplant Pizza packs in the nutritional value. Whip up this pizza for a night in with the family or throw it together in just minutes for an on-the-go dinner. Whenever you decide to “indulge” in this Eggplant Pizza, one thing is for certain: You (and the family) will want to make it over and over again!
To make this Eggplant Pizza, simply cut an eggplant into eight equal rounds. Pro tip: If you’re cooking for more than two, grab an extra eggplant. Pop the rounds on a nonstick baking sheet and throw in the oven for about 15 minutes. While the “crust” bakes, Sauté spinach with garlic and olive oil. Remove the eggplant from the oven and top each with hummus, feta cheese, roasted red pepper and the sautéed spinach. Pop back in the over and bake for an extra five minutes so the flavors set!
The best part about this pizza recipe? You can enjoy FOUR whole eggplant pizzas per serving. Each serving clocks in at just 250 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. And don’t forget to log the Eggplant Pizza in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log each serving of pizza right here in NuMi >
If pizza is your guilty pleasure, we’ve got you covered with our healthier pizza recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious foods like pizza, pasta and ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 2 (4 eggplant pizzas = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 260
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into ½” thick rounds (8 slices)
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup fat-free feta cheese
- 1 roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, place on paper towels and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with a nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While eggplant is baking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, then add spinach and continue cooking until wilted.
- Remove eggplant from oven and flip. Top each slice with ~1 tablespoon of hummus, ~1 tablespoon feta cheese, roasted red pepper and spinach.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes.