‘Tis the season for festive recipes that pack in the deliciousness and healthy ingredients! Don’t let the holiday temptations discourage you—liven up your PowerFuel servings with these easy-to-make Snowman Eggs. They’re festive. They’re fun. And most importantly, they’re Nutrisystem-approved!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it… snowman eggs? You’ve got it! Our team of recipe developers whipped up a season-inspired recipe that you can enjoy with zero guilt. Grab the kids and enjoy a night in putting together these Snowman Eggs. All you need are a few simple ingredients and some creativity in the kitchen.
To make these festive snowmen, simply hard boil 12 eggs. Pro tip: Use two different size eggs for the top and bottom of your snowmen! Grab a fresh carrot and slice into six rounds from the bottom of the carrot, followed by six rounds from the top. Once boiled, cut off the top and bottom of each egg, stick a toothpick through the center of the larger egg and place a smaller egg on top of the toothpick. On the top edge of the toothpick, place a large and small carrot round to create the “hat.” Pierce a hole in the eggs for eyes, nose and buttons. Decorate the piercings with peppercorn for the eyes and buttons, and a small piece of carrot for the nose. Place parsley on the sides for arms and complete these cute Snowman Eggs with a thin ribbon of zucchini as a scarf.
This crafty snack is not only a great recipe to make with the family, it’s also a perfect pick to bring along to a holiday get-together. This way, you know you’ll have a healthy option to enjoy, plus, everyone will love these festive snowmen! Just be sure to log each snowman as one PowerFuel in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily intake and weight loss goals. Consistently logging your food can increase weight loss results—so get logging! Easily log each serving of this festive recipe right here in NuMi >
Have a ho-ho-healthy holiday with a few more of our favorite festive recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying cookies, pasta, pizza and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (1 snowman = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 129
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, preferably two different sizes (i.e. large and small)
- 1 carrot
- Peel off egg shell.
- Peel carrot. Slice carrots into 6 round slices from the largest part of the carrot and 6 rounds from the smallest part of the carrot. Slices should be approximately ½ cm thick.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the eggs.
- Stick toothpick through eggs, larger egg on the bottom and smaller egg on the top. Top with large and small carrot round for the hat.
- Poke a hole in the eggs to make eyes, nose and buttons. Place peppercorn into each hole and a small piece of carrot for the nose.
- Stick parsley spring on the sides for arms.
- Peel a thin ribbon from the zucchini and wrap it around the snowman for a scarf.