Spicy Sausage BruschettaRecipe posted in: Snacks, Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Snacks
Liven up your Flex menu with our Spicy Sausage Bruschetta recipe. Made with crumbled sausage and fresh veggies, this bruschetta is a delicious, filling and diet-friendly meal or snack.
Looking for an appetizer or meal that combines an array of flavors to create a hearty bruschetta? Look no further. This recipe will fill you up—and with zero guilt involved! To make this Spicy Sausage Bruschetta, sautée chopped onion and garlic until the onion has softened. Add Italian chicken sausage to the skillet and brown while breaking the sausage into little pieces as it cooks. Once the sausage is cooked through, add in diced tomatoes and oregano. Lay bread slices on a single layer baking sheet and top each with the sausage sauté and spinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil the bruschetta in the oven until the cheese is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and share with your family and friends. Pro tip: You may want to double the recipe ingredients if sharing—this bruschetta will be gobbled up in minutes!
Each serving of this Spicy Sausage Bruschetta clocks in at just 117 calories and counts as two PowerFuels and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals. Keeping track of your daily intake can increase weight loss results, so keep logging! Not familiar with NuMi? Learn how to easily log your food in NuMi by checking out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Bruschetta lover? Check out two more diet-friendly recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (2 pieces = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 117
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 spicy Italian chicken sausage (~4 ounces), casing removed
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices baguette, ½ inch thick, toasted (~¼ of a large baguette)
- Heat olive in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes until onion has softened and is translucent.
- Add Italian sausage to skillet and brown, using a spatula to break up the sausage as it cooks. Once sausage is cooked, add diced tomatoes and oregano. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lay bread slices in single layer on baking sheet. Top each slice of bread with the sausage mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (~½ tablespoon).
- Broil in oven until cheese melts and is lightly browned. Serve warm.