Chips and dip on a diet? Check! These homemade Spinach Dip with Shamrock Tortilla Chips are a healthier (and delicious) alternative to store-bought chips and dip. Oh, and did we mention—these shamrock-shaped tortilla chips are so festive, you’ll be celebrating Saint Paddy’s Day in style (Nutrisystem-approved style).
Homemade crispy tortilla chips are simply made with the help of a few green spinach wraps, cooking spray, garlic powder and sea salt. With your creativity (or a cookie cutter!) you can create the shamrock shapes in the tortilla wraps, cutting all shamrocks as close together as possible to avoid losing use of pieces of the wraps. The creamy spinach dip is easily created by combining a few ingredients. Greek yogurt and Neufchatel cheese are used to create the creamy base of the dip, while bursts of flavor are created from an array of mouthwatering ingredients—think minced garlic, spinach, parsley, dill, black pepper, sea salt and green onions.
This festive flex snack is so tasty and so Nutrisystem-approved, it’s certain to keep you from derailing from your weight loss journey. That’s right, you’ll be enjoying the delicious flavors that accompany this crispy and creamy snack, all while Irish dancing your way to weight loss.
This recipe makes a whopping 12 servings, so it’s a perfect dish to share with friends for the holiday. Each serving clocks in at just 97 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log your Spinach Dip with Shamrock Tortilla Chips servings in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log your food intake right here in the NuMi app >
We’ve got plenty of Saint Paddy’s Day snacks that are waiting for you to try! For an Irish classic, whip up this Irish Soda Bread > If time is of essence, quickly put together this Pot O’ Gold Fruit Tray >
Calories per Serving: 97
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 6 spinach tortilla wraps
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut shamrock shapes out of tortillas trying to arrange them as close together as possible.
- Arrange cutout on a baking sheet. Mist with cooking spray, sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until crispy.
- Combine minced garlic, yogurt, cream cheese, parsley, fresh dill, black pepper and sea salt in a food processor or stir until smooth in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in spinach and green onions. Chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve with shamrock chips.