Tofu lovers, unite! We have the perfect Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito to add into your morning routine. Bursting with veggies, spices and, of course, tofu, this simple and delicious breakfast burrito will become a favorite go-to during those a.m. hours. With just a few simple steps and a variety of wholesome ingredients, this Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito is the perfect breakfast if you are looking for an easy and tasty way to liven things up in the kitchen.
Garlicky goodness, coupled with tomato paste, cumin, chili pepper and all of the right spices, are the perfect flavors to complement the delicious fresh veggies and crumbled tofu in this blissful breakfast. But wait, it gets even better! This melt-in-your-mouth mixture is then rolled up in a soft tortilla to create the ultimate breakfast burrito full of protein and nutrients. This burrito is so good, it is sure to leave your taste buds pleasantly pleased, and your stomach favorably full—all without jeopardizing your healthy diet!
While this Chipotle Breakfast Burrito is sure to keep you on track with your weight loss goals, it is still important to track all of your food intake each day. Be sure to log this tasty breakfast as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and two Vegetables on the NuMi app right here! >
Did you know? According to research conducted by Kaiser Permanente, those people who kept track of their daily food intake lost twice as much weight. To read more of the many benefits of logging your food, check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight. >
Looking for another breakfast option that’s sure to keep you on track, all while satisfying your morning hunger? Try Nutrisystem’s Honey Wheat Bagel right here. > Be sure to also check out the article below for an awesome video on six ways to eat your Honey Wheat Bagel!
Calories per Serving: 216
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 (14 oz.) package organic firm tofu, drained, pressed, and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 whole wheat low-carb tortillas
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat a nonstick skillet and 1 Tbsp. of water over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper for five to seven minutes until soft. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional two minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove and mist with cooking spray. Add crumbled tofu, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt; stir to combine. Cook for five to seven minutes, until tofu is lightly browned. Then, add in sautéed vegetables and stir to combine.
- Divide the tofu and vegetable mixture amongst four tortillas and top with cilantro. Roll like a burrito and serve.