Best Lean Turkey Meatloaf with Oatmeal RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Home-cooked classics are often the first thing to go when you’re trying to lose weight. That’s because these home-cooked dishes are typically packed with not-so-healthy ingredients that make them a giant no-no for our waistlines. But what if we told you there are many healthier alternatives to some of the most coveted homestyle meals? Equally as delicious as your mom’s meatloaf, this healthy and lean Turkey Meatloaf recipe with oatmeal is sure to become a permanent replacement for your favorite homemade recipe.
Made with oats, this Turkey Meatloaf is bursting with flavor and nutrition. Minced garlic leads the seasonings to make this classic dinner so mouthwatering, you’ll want to add it to the menu every week. Egg, onion, spinach and Worcestershire sauce complement the ground turkey breast, while ketchup tops this delectable dish (just like your mother’s recipe!).
Chances are, you have a lot of these tasty ingredients already in your kitchen. Whisk together the oats and skim milk, then sauté the onion and spinach with garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix the oat and vegetable mixtures together, then add the ground turkey breast, egg and Worcestershire sauce. Form the mixture into a loaf shape, top it with a layer of ketchup and pop it in the oven until fully cooked. Slice, serve and enjoy this comfort food creation!
This simple and delicious Turkey Meatloaf recipe makes six servings. Each serving clocks in at just 124 calories (talk about a healthy diet win!). On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one PowerFuel, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving. Be sure to log this delicious, home-cooked delicacy in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Did you know keeping track of your daily intake can increase your weight loss results? Check out the many benefits of using our NuMi app here! >
Calories per Serving: 124
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1/2 Vegetable
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 6-oz. bag baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. extra lean (99% fat free) ground turkey breast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a small baking sheet or 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together oats and milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook while stirring frequently and until soft for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper; cook while stirring for 1 minute. Add baby spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Once vegetables have cooled, add oat/milk mixture, ground turkey, egg, egg white and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Form turkey mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared pan. Evenly spread ketchup over the top.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 170°F, approximately 50 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.