Is there anything better than a warm and tender pot roast after a long day at the office? Absolutely not! Indulging in a delicious, juicy and cooked-to-perfection pot roast is worth the wait to dinner time (or lunch!). Cook this delicious roast in an Instant Pot to get the lean beef to a level of absolute tender perfection. For those of you who are unfamiliar with an Instant Pot—it’s an awesome kitchen appliance that works as a a pressure cooker, a saute-er, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker and a food warmer… talk about versatile!
Lean beef is seasoned with potent (and delicious) flavors such as onion, garlic and Italian seasoning, which means that as your beef cooks, it is absorbing an array of tastiness. Carrots and potatoes complete your Instant Pot Pot Roast to add in some extra vitamins and nutrients. Once your pot roast is cooked, you’ll remove it from your Instant Pot and slice to perfection. All of this deliciousness creates six full servings, so it’s a great go-to dinner when you are feeding a few people. Even better—each serving of this hearty meal is just 349 calories, so it’s certain to keep you on track with your Nutrisystem meal plan.
This filling and mouthwatering flex meal counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and three Extras—so be sure to log your Instant Pot Pot Roast in your NuMi app. It’s our free and easy app that makes staying on track with your weight loss goals that much easier! Easily log your roast right here on NuMi >
Calories per Serving: 359
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- 2 lbs lean beef (rump roast, eye of round, bottom round)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth, low sodium
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste, low sodium
- Turn Instant Pot on SAUTE and add olive oil.
- Add beef and roast 1-2 minutes per side. Remove beef.
- Add carrots, onions, garlic and potatoes.
- Pour in broth and tomato paste.
- Return beef to bowl and sprinkle Italian seasoning and black pepper.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to MEAT/STEW for 90 minutes.
- Once done, use natural release method.
- Remove beef and slice. Place back into pot roast.