Veggie Summer StewRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
You’ll be shamelessly licking the bowl when this Veggie Summer Stew is on the menu. This seasonless soup is packed with both flavor and nutrition, thanks to the addition of colorful veggies, seasonings and beans.
If you enjoyed that delicious stew, try some of our other quick and easy soup recipes:
- Tasty Soup Recipes For Healthy Meals
- 10 Soups And Stews To Cozy Up To This Fall
- 3 Soups For Winter Weight Loss
- Moroccan Tempeh Vegetable Stew
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Zesty Tomato Soup
Servings: Makes 4, 1-cup bowels; 1 bowl is a serving.
Calories per Serving: 125
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable, 1 Extra and ½ SmartCarb
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced leek
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of zucchini and yellow squash, diced large
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup white beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium high.
- Sauté onions, leeks, red bell pepper, carrot and garlic for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add broth, bay leaf, thyme, and rosemary and increase heat to bring to a simmer.
- Add beans, zucchini and squash, and tomatoes.
- Lower heat to low and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.