You’ll be shamelessly licking the bowl when this Veggie Summer Stew is on the menu. This seasonless soup is packed with both flavor and nutrition, thanks to the addition of colorful veggies, seasonings and beans.
You can log this recipe as one Vegetable, one Extra and half of a SmartCarb on the NuMi app.
If you enjoyed that delicious stew, try some of our other quick and easy soup recipes:
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 cup)
Calories per Serving: 125
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable, 1 Extra and ½ SmartCarb
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced leek
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of zucchini and yellow squash, diced large
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup white beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium high.
- Sauté onions, leeks, red bell pepper, carrot and garlic for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add broth, bay leaf, thyme, and rosemary and increase heat to bring to a simmer.
- Add beans, zucchini and squash, and tomatoes.
- Lower heat to low and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve hot.