If you don’t already have a spiralizer, you’re definitely going to want one for this recipe. Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and Cheese is the ultimate veggie noodle dish, topped withe everyone’s favorite ingredient… cheese! Packed with protein, vitamins and flavor, this pasta-inspired dish is certain to hit the spot and curb the carby-cravings for real pasta.
Chicken breast is cubed and cooked on the stove, zucchini is spiralized, cooked and seasoned, and feta cheese is sprinkled on top to complete this delicious dish. With just five simple steps, you have a Nutrisystem-approved, healthy and cheesy “pasta” dish that’s perfect for any night of the week! Spiralize your zucchini ahead of time and pre-cook your chicken to whip up this dish in mere minutes on those hectic week nights when time is of essence. One thing is for certain, any evening you decide to dive into Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and Cheese is sure to end on a good note. Fill up your belly and satisfy those taste buds without filling out your waistline. Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and Cheese will taste like a “cheat meal,” without having to actually cheat on your healthy diet!
Counting as one PowerFuel and three Vegetables on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this dish makes two servings but feel free to double (or triple) the measurements to make for a larger group. Also, be sure to log your Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and Cheese on your NuMi app > to increase weight loss results. Research shows that those who kept track of their daily food intake had higher weight loss results than those who did not. Read more about the benefits of the NuMi app right here. >
Get even more creative with another spiralized noodle recipe. Check out the recipe for Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai right here. >
Calories per Serving: 386
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 3 Vegetables
- 2 oz. chicken breast, cut into chunks
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups zucchini (spiralized)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup fat-free feta cheese crumbles
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat.
- Add chicken. Season as desired, let cook for about 3 minutes, then flip. Cook another 3-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the “noodles” using a spiralizer (use a vegetable peeler if you don’t have a spiralizer).
- Add lemon juice, spinach, zucchini noodles and garlic powder to skillet. Toss frequently, until spinach is wilted and noodles soften (approximately 3 minutes).
- Once cooked, season as desired, top with feta cheese crumbles and serve.