Easy 5-Ingredient Banana Nut Muffin RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
It’s hard to decide what we like best about this easy, 5-ingredient banana nut muffin recipe: Maybe it’s how very little effort it requires or how delicious and filling the muffins taste. Or could it be how amazing they make our homes smell while they’re baking?
Featuring just five simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry (bananas, oats, raisins, cashews and cinnamon), this super simple recipe for 5-Ingredient Banana Nut Muffins is a lazy chef’s dream. Especially considering how completely delicious they taste (the flavor is similar to your favorite banana bread recipe). One more perk of these tasty treats? They make for a perfect grab-and-go snack. Whip up a batch for your busy week, and have them on hand whenever you hit a snack-time slump. They taste (almost) as good cold as they do warmed up, so even if you don’t have access to a microwave, you can still fill up on their flavor and nutrition.
And our favorite thing about this banana nut muffin recipe? You can swap out the raisins for any of your favorite dried fruits, or the cashews for another nut like walnuts, almonds or even peanuts. This is a totally versatile muffin that goes big on flavor… not on guilt!
If you loved this banana nut muffin recipe, you’ll love our 100-Calorie Pumpkin Muffins! Get the recipe here. >
Get healthy and lose weight with Nutrisystem! Learn more about our meal plans >
Servings: Makes 5 muffins; 1 muffin is a serving.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- 2 small, ripe bananas
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsalted raw cashews, crushed
- 1-2 tsp. of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray muffin tin with zero-calorie cooking spray.
- Break bananas in half and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Using the backside of a fork, mash the bananas.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes then let cool on counter until muffins are hardened and can be removed from muffin tin easily.