5-Ingredient Chicken “Noodle” SoupRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides
This recipe for 5-Ingredient Chicken “Noodle” Soup is so scrumptious, you won’t even miss the pasta!
Providing that warming comfort of the chicken noodle soup you grew up with, this dish contains less salt, fewer carbs and more flavor. The addition of fresh thyme and squash “noodles,” to sub for grains, will have you wondering, “Why didn’t I think of this sooner?” Counting as just one PowerFuel and one Vegetable, this recipe makes a great side dish to any of your favorite Nutrisystem meals. Easily log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals >
Don’t even have time for a 5-ingredient recipe? Try our ready-to-go version here! >
Servings: Makes 4 servings; 2½ cups counts as one serving.
Calories per Serving: 130
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced into coins
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Carefully slice spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Set one half aside and save for another meal.
- Place the other half of the spaghetti squash cut-side down in microwave safe dish and fill with approximately one inch of water.
- Microwave 12-15 minutes, until squash is tender. Remove the cooked squash from dish and set it aside to cool.
- Once cooled, scrape squash out with a fork to form spaghetti-like strands.
- In large soup pot, sauté carrots with zero-calorie cooking spray until softened.
- Add the chicken breast, chicken broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the spaghetti squash and serve.