5-Minute Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Apricot SauceRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Cooking for two can be a bear, but not with this Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Apricot Sauce!
This fantastically sweet and crunchy recipe is ideal for couples trying to get in tip-top shape by eating healthy. Shrimp is a low-calorie form of protein you’ll crave for days when it’s coated in tropically sweet coconut and made into crunchy bits of heaven in the air fryer. Skip the deep fried apps at the local bar, in favor of a homemade take that beats its competition any day of the week. Addicting doesn’t even begin to describe this Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp, which is just 250 calories and, when using precooked shrimp, is done in five minutes! We’ll send someone over to pinch you because no, you’re not dreaming.
Since this tasty dish counts as half a SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras, it is extremely versatile. Enjoy it as a between-meal snack or as a base for a flex meal. If you choose to enjoy it as a flex snack, feel free to add a quarter cup of brown rice to round out the SmartCarb serving. If you’d rather make it a flex dinner, you can eat both servings. Just be sure to cut the sauce in half so you don’t exceed your allotted extras for the day. You can easily log this meal in NuMi to keep track of your daily intake with the tap of your smartphone >
Servings: Makes 2 servings
Calories per Serving: 225
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/2 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 3 oz. cooked shrimp (4 oz uncooked), peeled
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Spicy Apricot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. apricot preserves, sugar-free
- ½ tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat air fryer at 350 ° F.
- Prepare three bowls: one with flour, one with egg and one with the panko and coconut mixed.
- Dip shrimp into flour, then the egg, and then the coconut and panko mixture.
- Place the coated shrimp into the fry basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes (cooked shrimp) or 10 minutes (uncooked).
- In the meantime, combine all of the apricot sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and stir it over medium heat until the preserves are well melted. Set aside and serve with shrimp.