Air Fried Eggplant Parm PoppersRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Snacks
Fried food is everyone’s guilty pleasure. Filled with loads of unhealthy ingredients and grease, your fried favorites are usually off limits when on a diet. Luckily, there’s a handy kitchen tool that “fries” your food the healthy way, and we’ve used it to make a classic fried food recipe that can be enjoyed without the guilt— Air Fried Eggplant Parm Poppers.
Our Air Fried Eggplant Parm Poppers are cooked to golden perfection and complete with a marinara dipping sauce. To make these poppers, preheat your air fryer and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Grab three bowls and fill one with whole wheat flour, one with eggs, and one with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and bread crumbs. Place eggplant pieces in flour first, followed by egg and breadcrumbs (Pro tip: Be sure that all sides are coated!). Place all poppers in the air fryer in one layer and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from the air fryer, evenly split poppers into three servings and enjoy dipped in tomato sauce.
Each serving of these delicious “fried” poppers clocks in at just 221 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and Vegetable on your Nutrisystem meal plan. A delicious snack or even a meal, these Air Fried Eggplant Parm Poppers are a healthy (but equally delicious) alternative to a calorie-filled, deep-fried recipe. And to make your weight loss even easier and ensure you’re staying on track with your meal plan, log each serving in the NuMi app. Consistently keeping track of your daily intake increases weight loss results, so get logging! Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Add a few more of our air fryer recipes to your weekly menu! Check out our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 221
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- 3 cups eggplant, into 1-inch cubes or formed into poppers
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, low sodium
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390 F. Spray air fryer pan with nonstick spray.
- Take out three bowls. Fill one bowl with flour, another with eggs, and the third with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Place eggplant cubes in flour first, followed by egg and breadcrumbs. Make sure all sides are coated. Place in air fryer in one layer.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Evenly split poppers into 3 servings. Serve with a side of tomato sauce.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.