Whoever said turkey was only for Thanksgiving clearly never tried our Air Fryer Mexican Pizza recipe. It’s a fun, delicious and, best of all, a healthy meal that will have your whole family asking for more—a whole lot more.
Pick up a 12-ounce package of lean ground turkey at the grocery store while avoiding the fattier options. Brown the turkey in a skillet on medium heat and stir in cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cilantro and green onion to taste. Seasonings count as Free Foods on your Nutrisystem meal plan, so add as many as you’d like to spice up this Air Fryer Mexican Pizza and pack in the flavor!
As you’re preparing the turkey, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees (and be sure to read up on some other great air fryer recipes here!). Once the turkey is browned and seasoned, add 2 ounces of turkey, a handful of spinach and about ¼ cup of cheese to each tortilla. Place each tortilla into the air fryer for about five to 10 minutes each or until the cheese is melted into ooey-gooey goodness. When the tortillas are fried to your liking, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool. Top each pizza with 1 tablespoon of salsa and another tablespoon of avocado.
If you’re looking out for other low carb pizza options, check out a few more diet-friendly recipes:
Our Air Fryer Mexican Pizza recipe makes four servings, so be sure to share (even though we’re sure you’ll want to keep them for yourself) or make them as part of your weekly meal prep! Once you’ve finished chowing down and wiped your hands, don’t forget to log your meal in the Numi app. NuMi makes losing weight easy by keeping you on track with your weight loss goals—so get logging!
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 325
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Powerfuels and 1 Extra
- 12 oz lean ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, reduced fat
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup salsa
- 4 whole wheat tortilla, 6” or fajita sized
- In a medium-skillet, brown turkey until no longer pink.
- Stir in cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cilantro and green onion.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla on the greased air fryer pan. For each tortilla, add about 2 oz. of ground turkey, handful of spinach and about ¼ cup of cheese. Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of salsa and 1 tablespoon of avocado.