Air Fryer Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich DeluxeRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Lunches, Main Courses
Spice up your lunch with this easy Nutrisystem food hack! We’re turning up the heat on the Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich with a zesty, restaurant-inspired recipe. While it tastes just like a spicy grilled chicken sandwich you would get from the drive-thru of your favorite fast food joint, you can rest assured that it fits into your Nutrisystem plan. Plus, you don’t even have to leave the house to enjoy it!
It’s no secret that the Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich is already delicious. However, if you’re craving a little zest with your midday meal, this Air Fryer Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich Deluxe is sure to hit the spot! And at 337 calories per serving, you can indulge in this perfectly portioned meal without a speck of guilt.
Using an air fryer and a medley of low-calorie spices, we transformed our Grilled Chicken Sandwich into a fast food fave. To make it, grab a small bowl and mix together a tablespoon of light mayonnaise with a quarter-teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and mix well. Next, remove a frozen Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich from its package and separate the chicken from the bun. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on both sides of the chicken.
Place the chicken into an air fryer preheated to 400 degrees. Cook it for four minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. In the last two minutes. add the bun into the air fryer to toast. Top the chicken with a slice of pepper jack cheese (yes, more spice!) and continue cooking for another minute until the cheese has melted. Place the cooked chicken into the toasted bun and top it with a tomato slice and 2 to 3 lettuce leaves before digging into this satisfying Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich Deluxe.
Pair your sandwich with a veggie side dish like a cool, crunchy and refreshing coleslaw! Try these four awesome coleslaw recipes that fit into your weight loss plan. >
If you’re losing weight on the Nutrisystem program, you can log this Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich Deluxe as one Nutrisystem Lunch, one PowerFuel and one Extra in your NuMi app journal. If you have any SmartCarbs and Extras to spare for the day, this tasty sammie would be delicious paired with our recipe for Air Fryer French Fries! >
For another creative, fast food-inspired twist on the Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich, try this Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe! >
Running low on our convenient frozen chicken sandwiches? Click here to stock up your freezer with this customer favorite lunch! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 337
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 Nutrisystem® Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 1 tomato slice
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Remove Nutrisystem® Grilled Chicken Sandwich from package (still frozen). Separate the chicken from the bun. Spread mayonnaise mixture on both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the preheated air fryer. Cook for 4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. In the last 2 minutes, add the bun to the air fryer.
- Top the chicken with cheese and cook for another minute, until melted.
- Place the chicken into the bun and top with lettuce and tomato.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.