Air Fryer Crispy Chicken SandwichRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Lunches, Dinners, Main Courses
Nutrisystem enters the fast-food Chicken Sandwich War with a lightened-up option that you can feel good about! We’re here to prove that fast food doesn’t have to be fattening. With proper portion size, a few simple swaps and a whole lot of flavor, our Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe is the weight loss winner!
A Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Nutrisystem-Style
This tasty Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe is inspired by the classic Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich. It even uses their infamous Chick-fil-A® Sauce that is now sold in select retailers and grocery stores!
But while it provides that same taste we all know and crave from the popular chicken joint, you can rest assured that our version fits into your Nutrisystem weight loss plan. (In fact, one of our most popular menu items is one of the main ingredients!)
Our perfectly portioned Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich clocks in at just 358 calories and contains 9.6 grams of total fat. On the other hand, the Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich contains 440 calories and a whopping 17 grams of fat.*
If you want to save some calories while enjoy a tender, crispy chicken sandwich that satisfies those fast-food cravings, you can’t go wrong with this delicious air fryer recipe.
How to Make An Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich
It all begins with the top-rated Nutrisystem lunch: The Grilled Chicken Sandwich. First, remove the Grilled Chicken Sandwich from package and separate the chicken breast from the bun. Set the bun aside. In a bowl, pour pickle juice over the frozen chicken patty and let it sit for five minutes.
While the chicken breast is soaking, preheat your air fryer t0 400 degrees and set up an assembly line with three bowls. Pour whole wheat flour in the first bowl. Whisk half of an egg in the second bowl. Finally, combine breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in the third bowl.
Dip the chicken breast into the flour mixture, followed by the egg, then the seasoned breadcrumbs. Place the breaded chicken into the preheated air fryer and cook for four minutes per side. During the last four minutes, add the bun to the air fryer so it can get warm and toasty.
Now it’s time to assemble your sandwich! Spread a little Chick-fil-A® sauce on one half of the bun. Top the bottom bun with the crispy chicken breast, a couple pickle chips and finish with the top bun.
Is your freezer running low on Nutrisystem’s Grilled Chicken Sandwiches? Click here to stock up! >
Lose Weight Eating Delicious Fried Chicken
If you’re losing weight on the Nutrisystem plan, you can count this Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich as two SmartCarbs, one and a half PowerFuels and one Extra in your NuMi app journal. (It could also be logged as one Nutrisystem Lunch, one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and one Extra.)
If you have some Extras or PowerFuels to spare for the day, feel free to make this crispy chicken sandwich “deluxe” with a slice of your favorite cheese. Add some slices tomatoes and lettuce and you’ve got a smart and satisfying lunch!
Hungry for more “fried” chicken? Check out these other healthy air fryer chicken recipes!:
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks >
- Air Fryer Boneless Garlic Ginger Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer Boneless Garlic Parmesan Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Sliders >
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer Dry Rubbed Chicken Bites >
Want to lose weight eating chicken sandwiches, burgers and other fast-food favorites? Nutrisystem is the plan for you! We deliver delicious meals, snacks and shakes directly to your door. Plus, get a simple meal plan to follow with one-on-one coaching and support. Click here to learn more! >
*Information taken from company website on 10/5/2021.
**Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 358
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 1 ½ PowerFuels and 1 Extra (or 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra)
- 1 Nutrisystem® Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- ½ egg, whisked
- 2 pickle chips
- 2 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp. Chick-fil-A® sauce
- 1 dash of garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash black pepper
- Remove the Nutrisystem® Grilled Chicken Sandwich from package. Separate the chicken breast from the bun. Set bun aside. Pour pickle juice over the frozen chicken patty and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Set up an assembly line with 3 bowls: Pour flour in the first bowl. Whisk the egg in the second bowl. In the third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken breast into the flour mixture, followed by the egg, then the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken into the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes per side. At the last 4 minutes, add the bun to the air fryer.
- Spread the Chick-fil-A® sauce on one half of the bun. Top the bottom bun with the crispy chicken breast, pickle chips and the top bun.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.