Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan SlidersRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
If you love chicken parm, then you’re going to want to bookmark our Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Sliders recipe. These mini sandwiches are the real deal—loaded with hearty chicken, cheese and topped with sauce. Whip up a batch of these sliders for your next get-together to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals.
Protein-packed chicken is the star of the show in these Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Sliders. Breaded and baked to golden perfection, each piece of chicken is placed on a delicious slider bun and complemented with flavor-filled marinara sauce and creamy mozzarella cheese. (Pro tip: Pop the sliders back in the oven or air fryer for a few minutes until the cheese is has melted.)
These Italian-inspired sliders are the ultimate diet-friendly meal. And if you love Italian food as much as we do, we have plenty of recipes you can enjoy without derailing your healthy diet with an influx of carbs, calories and unhealthy ingredients. Check out a few more of our favorite Italian recipes the whole family will love:
- Meatball Stuffed Peppers >
- Shrimp Pasta With Garlic Asparagus >
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken >
- Italian Turkey and Mozzarella Burger >
- Roasted Red Pepper Eggplant Pizza >
- 4-Step Chicken Parm Soup >
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Zucchini Noodles >
If you’re worried about overdoing it with these Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Sliders (we get it, they’re that delicious!), simply log each serving in the NuMi app to stay on track. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? NuMi does all the work for you by keeping track of your weight loss meal plan. Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight > to read all about the importance of keeping track of your daily food intake.
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 186
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 10 oz. chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup marinara sauce, low salt
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, part skim, cut into quarters
- 8 whole wheat slider buns
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400 F.
- To prepare the chicken, take out three bowls. Place flour in one bowl, beaten egg in another and breadcrumbs in another.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized, nugget-shaped pieces.
- Dip one chicken into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet or air fryer basket. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- To assemble, place chicken nugget on slider bun, top with 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and one quartered piece of mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in oven or air fryer and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.