Pizza Stuffed ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Everybody loves chicken ON pizza, but what about pizza IN chicken? We know it’s a crazy idea but once you try this Pizza Stuffed Chicken recipe, you’ll be hooked on this creative take on a classic pizza.
To start things off, you’ll need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray. Butterfly the chicken breast and place it in the dish. Season the chicken with pepper, covering all sides. Open up the chicken and spread minced garlic into every corner and crevice you can find— the more garlic the merrier, right? Top off your chicken breast with a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce, a couple slices of pepperoni, and, most importantly, cheese! We know it’ll be tempting to load up your chicken with cheese, but sometimes less is more.
Close the chicken and pour the remaining marinara, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices on top—feel free to top it off with extra seasonings, as well. Toss your uncovered baking dish into the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remember to let the chicken cool for a few minutes before digging in!
Going out for pizza instead? Learn How to Order at an Italian Restaurant > to ensure you’re always living your healthiest life— even on the go!
Most importantly, don’t forget to log your Pizza Stuffed Chicken in our handy app, NuMi! It’s our easy-to-use food tracker app that was designed to help you keep track of your daily food intake. It’s filled with tips and tricks to help you stay motivated throughout the week. Turn on notifications and we’ll send you the latest weight loss and exercise tips! Easily log your food in NuMi right here. >
Pizza lover? Try a few more of our favorite, diet-friendly, pizza-inspired Flex meals:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 195
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup marinara sauce, low sodium
- 8 slices turkey pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Butterfly chicken and place in baking dish. Season with pepper inside and out.
- Open chicken and spread minced garlic. Top with a few spoonful of marinara sauce, few slices of pepperoni and then a few spoonfuls of cheese.
- Close chicken and pour leftover marinara sauce, cheese and pepperoni on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.