Are you a Chicken Parm lover? This lightened-up recipe combines the hearty ingredients of Chicken Parm with everyone’s favorite comfort food, soup. In just four simple steps and a whole lot of flavors, you’ll be biting into a satisfying meal that won’t totally derail your healthy diet.
Saute onion on medium heat until the onion is translucent and cooked through. Add garlic and continue sauteing for about two minutes. Add in the diced tomato, tomato sauce, chicken broth, oregano, parsley and quinoa. Once boiling, bring the soup to a simmer, and continue simmering for 20 minutes. Add in the cooked chicken and stir. Complete this recipe by seasoning with salt and pepper and topping with mozzarella cheese and basil.
This 4-Step Chicken Parm Soup recipe makes a whopping six servings, so it’s the perfect meal to share with the family or whip up for a dinner party. Cooking for one or two? You can easily freeze the remaining Chicken Parm Soup and thaw out the next time you’re craving a hearty, filling, diet-approved meal.
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb and one Vegetable, and clocks in at just 227 calories. This delicious, Nutrisystem-approved flex meal should be logged in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Are you a soup lover? Check out a few of our favorite flex meal soup recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 227
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups no sugar added marinara sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
- 6 Tbsp. shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, oregano, parsley and quinoa. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and stir. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Heat until cooked through.
- Divide into 6 bowls. Top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and ½ tablespoon basil before serving.