Here at Nutrisystem, we love mixing things up from time to time, and that’s exactly what we’re doing here with our Shrimp Pasta With Garlic Asparagus recipe—and we hope you come along for the ride!
The first step in whipping this delectable Shrimp Pasta up is grocery shopping! The most important ingredients you’ll need to gather round are bowtie pasta, shrimp and asparagus (if the title didn’t give them away already!). Picking up fresh ingredients is key in creating a five-star dish. And if you think restaurant-quality food can only be enjoyed at a restaurant, think again. Check out The Nutrisystem Grocery Guide > to help you make the most of your next grocery trip and stock up on diet-friendly items.
However, if you do find yourself heading out to dinner, be sure to take NuMi along with you! The NuMi app makes eating healthy easier than ever. Best of all, you’ll be able to enjoy dining out without having to worry about staying on plan.
Now back to your kitchen and on with this delicious chef-inspired Shrimp Pasta. Along with the main ingredients, you’ll also need the accessory ingredients and flavors. Garlic, lemon juice and basil add all the underlying flavors that you may not notice at first but are so very important in creating the final flavor.
But if these flavors just aren’t sounding like your cup of tea (or your bowl of pasta), don’t worry! We have plenty of other great shrimp recipes for you to try out.
- 5-Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Apricot Sauce >
- Simple Shrimp & Veggies Foil Packet >
- Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
Also be sure to check out A Lover Letter to Asparagus: Why We Can’t Get Enough of this Veggie > If you’re not already an asparagus aficionado, we hope our love letter inches you a little closer.
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients for this Shrimp Pasta, you’ll sauté the asparagus in oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Toss in the shrimp and garlic until the shrimp is pink—stirring often. Finally stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil and pasta and season with black pepper. And before you knew it, you just whipped up a great meal that won’t only impress friends and family, you’ll impress yourself, too!
Calories per Serving: 274
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 2 cups bowtie whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 1 lb. shrimp, raw
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add oil, lemon juice and lemon zest to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and garlic. Let cook for 5 minutes or until pink, stirring often.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, basil and pasta. Season with black pepper.