Air Fryer Orange TofuRecipe posted in:
Got an air fryer? Good. Don’t have one yet? Go get one! This protein-packed Air Fryer Tofu recipe is the perfect appetizer to whip up for your next get-together. It’s filled with flavor, it’s Nutrisystem-approved and best of all, it’s super simple to make!
If you’re not a tofu lover, this recipe will change your mind. Coated to crispy perfection with bursts of garlicky orange flavors, this Air Fryer Tofu is a must-try. To make this Air Fryer Tofu, simply cut pressed tofu into cube-like pieces. Place the tofu in a plastic bag, add cornstarch and shake until all cubes are thoroughly coated. In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, orange juice and zest, ginger, garlic, red pepper, water and soy sauce until a sauce is formed. Pour the orange sauce into the bag of tofu and let it marinate for about 15 minutes. Once marinated, distribute half-cup servings into ramekin cups, sprinkle with bread crumbs and cook in the air fryer until crispy. Pour the remaining orange sauce on top and enjoy!
This diet-friendly recipe makes six full servings, and each servings clocks in at 103 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. While this Orange Tofu recipe fits perfectly into your weight loss meal plan, it’s easy to overindulge (it’s THAT good!). To ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals, easily log each serving of this Air Fryer Tofu in the NuMi App. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Heat up your air fryer to enjoy a few more of our favorite (Nutrisystem-approved) recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 103
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 package tofu (~15 oz), drained and pressed
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Place tofu in a quart size plastic bag. Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and shake bag until coated. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add 2 teaspoons cornstarch, orange juice and zest, ginger, garlic, red pepper, water and soy sauce. Mix together.
- Pour half the orange sauce into the tofu bag. Set aside to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Place ½ cup servings into ramekin cups. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs on top and cook in air fryer at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Pour the rest of the orange sauce on top of the tofu and garnish with scallions.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.