Avocado BLT Summer Rolls RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides, Snacks
Roll into the summer season with this simple-to-make summer rolls recipe! The classic BLT sandwich gets an Asian-inspired makeover with rice paper and creamy avocado. Celebrate warm weather and sunshine by learning how to make summer rolls with this colorful and creative recipe.
You can say farewell to the bread in this BLT sandwich recipe. Rice paper wrappers add a fun twist to the lunchtime classic and allow the beautiful colors shine through. These pretty hues include fresh veggies like sliced avocado, red and green lettuce leaves and fresh tomato slices. Add in a slice of turkey bacon and you’ve got all the components of a classic BLT in one tasty summer roll.
Making this easy snack or lunch idea is as simple as placing the ingredients onto the rice wrapper and rolling it all up. The recipe makes eight servings, so it’s great for sharing with a friend or family member. These colorful summer rolls also make a great quick and healthy snack for the kiddos. Feel free to play around with the veggies, proteins and Extras that you use and make your own custom summer roll recipes.
If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log one of these Avocado BLT Summer Rolls as half of a PowerFuel and two Extras in your NuMi app journal. One roll contains 115 calories. If you’d like to add a SmartCarb, enjoy your summer roll with a side of seasoned brown rice or fresh fruit. You can also pump up the protein with some fish or chicken!
Keep the healthy eating “rolling” with these other tasty roll recipes:
- Chicken Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce >
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet Cilantro Sauce >
- Shrimp Spring Roll with Chili Soy Sauce >
Looking for more quick and easy meals to enjoy while you lose weight? Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 1 roll)
Calories per Serving: 115
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 8 large green/red lettuce leaves
- Dip rice paper wrapper in warm water and place on surface.
- On the 1/3 section of the rice paper wrapper closest to you, layer lettuce, tomato, avocado and turkey bacon.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper up and over the fillings. Fold in the sides and then roll up.