Baked Berry French Toast Casserole RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Simplify your French toast by turning it into a casserole! You can enjoy the classic flavors of everyone’s favorite brunch with less steps, less calories and less clean-up with this Banana Blueberry French Toast Casserole recipe. Soft cubes of whole wheat bread are coated in cinnamon, vanilla and mashed bananas, then baked to perfection with fresh blueberries. Whip up this easy French toast breakfast casserole for a sweet start to a summer day!
We love this French toast casserole recipe because it’s so versatile! Not a fan of blueberries? Not a problem! You can feel free to use your favorite fruits in their place. You can also use mixed berries and do a combo of blueberries and raspberries like in the picture above. Try this baked French toast recipe with apples, strawberries or sliced bananas. We think that apple cinnamon French toast would make an amazing fall-inspired breakfast casserole. One cup of fruit counts as one SmartCarb on Nutrisystem, so it’s easy to make swaps and adjustments!
To make this easy French toast bake, get started by cutting up six slices of whole wheat bread into cubes. Toss them into a greased baking dish or baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, mash up two ripe bananas and whisk them together with three eggs, a half-cup of unsweetened almond milk, two teaspoons of cinnamon and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Pour this tasty mixture evenly over the bread cubes and place the baking pan in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Make sure to stir it at the 15-minute mark! When the bread is finished soaking up the liquid, gently stir in one cup of blueberries. Pop this cinnamon French toast casserole in a 350 degree oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
Serve up breakfast for the whole family with this simple French toast casserole recipe that serves six! It’s so delicious, you won’t believe that one serving clocks in under 200 calories (170 to be exact!). If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, make sure to log your breakfast in the NuMi app to start your day on the right track! You can log this baked French toast recipe as one and half SmartCarbs and half of a PowerFuel.
If you want to use up any of your daily Extras, pump up the protein with more PowerFuels or even add some additional flavor with Free Foods, we’ve got some more tasty ideas for your baked French toast casserole! Personalize your plate and get inspired by the baked French toast toppings and additions below:
Extras (Limited to 3 Per Day)
- 1 tsp. Maple Syrup = 1 Extra
- 2 Tbsp. Light Whipped Cream = 1 Extra
- 2 tsp. Chocolate Syrup = 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Flakes = 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. Mini Chocolate Chips = 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. Honey = 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. Seeds (Chia, Flax, Hemp, etc.) = 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar-Free Jelly = 1 Extra
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Nuts = 1 PowerFuel
- 1 Tbsp. Nut Butter = 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup Low-Fat Yogurt = 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup Low-Fat Milk = 1 PowerFuel
Free Foods (Unlimited)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil = Free Food
- 1 tsp. Citrus Zest = Free Food
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon = 1 Free Food
- 1 cup Hot Tea or Coffee = Free Food
- 1 tsp. Zero-Calorie Sweetener (Stevia, Monk Fruit, etc.) = Free Food
Looking for more tasty takes on French toast? You’ll love our recipes for Churro French Toast Rollups, French Toast Cups and Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast! > Give them all a try and let us know your favorite in the comments below. And if you’ve come up with your own healthy French toast recipe that you want to share, we have a place for that, too! You can submit your own recipes and a photo of them on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf! Share your recipes and check out other customer submitted recipes right here! >
Get easy breakfasts delivered directly to your door with Nutrisystem! Lose weight and get healthy with our simple meal plans, food delivery and amazing support system. Click here to learn more! >
Calories per Serving: 170
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ SmartCarbs and ½ PowerFuel
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (or another berry/fruit you enjoy)
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Add bread cubes to the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the bread dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring mixture at the 15-minute mark.
- Gently stir in the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. When preheated, bake the French toast casserole for 40 minutes.