Wake up in the morning with a breakfast you can look forward to while losing weight. Okay, we know what you’re thinking—a recipe containing the name “churro” and “French toast” can’t possibly keep you on track with your weight loss, right? Wrong. With these Churro French Toast Roll-Ups, you can satisfy your sweet tooth and your weight loss goals—all at the same time!
The combination of these seven ingredients (all of which you most likely already have sitting in your kitchen), make this recipe the perfect solution to those “what should I make?” moments. This dish is easily whipped up in a few simple steps and even though it only contains 127 calories per serving, the golden, crispy-edged, cinnamon flavored taste will not be compromised in the slightest. These Churro French Toast Roll-Ups will hit the spot—whether you’re “indulging” in a churro for a Sunday brunch or whipping up this recipe for an evening snack.
Don’t want to share? Fine by us. You can easily store the leftovers in the fridge and heat up for an on-the-go morning. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving of these churros counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra. And remember to log each roll-up in the NuMi App to ensure that you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. NuMi makes living a healthy lifestyle easy and attainable by doing all of the hard work for you. All you have to do is log each serving. It’s really that simple.
On a cinnamon kick? We’ve got you covered. Check out some of these other delicious cinnamon flavored recipes that taste so delicious—you’d think you were cheating on your healthy diet!
- Cinnamon Banana Protein Popsicles>
- Skinny Pumpkin Biscuits With Cinnamon Butter >
- Cinnamon Streusel Muffins >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (1 churro = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 127
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tsp. light butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With each bread slice, use a rolling pin to roll out bread to about 1/8th- inch thick.
- Spread ½ teaspoon of butter each slice of bread. Sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up bread slice tightly.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and set to medium-high. Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture and place on the pan. Cook roll for about 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Remove each roll and generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar blend.
- Serve immediately with syrup.