Popsicles are a popular warm weather classic that cool you down in the heat and satisfy your sweet tooth. Their only downfall? They are often filled with loads of sugar and processed ingredients. But fear not, popsicle-lovers! We’ve created a homemade Cinnamon Banana Popsicle recipe that is equal parts delicious and diet-approved!
All you need to whip up these refreshing and creamy treats is a food processor or blender, and popiscle molds. Thoroughly blend Greek yogurt, milk, stevia, cinnamon, vanilla extract and banana. Once combined, pour a small portion of the sweet mixture into each popsicle mold and drop in a few almonds. Continue this process until each mold is filled. Pop the molds in the freezer for about four hours and prepare your taste buds to be fully invigorated by the refreshing and creamy consistency of these Cinnamon Banana Popsicles.
The best part about these delicious popsicles is that one serving is TWO popsicles—so enjoy two of these delicious treats to cool down and satisfy your sweet tooth. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra and clocks in at just 147 calories.
To ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals, be sure to log your Cinnamon Banana Popsicles in the NuMi App. Not familiar with our easy-to-use food tracker app? It’s super simple to use and keeps you from derailing your healthy diet. To learn more about NuMi, check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Popsicle lover? Check out a few of our favorite recipes certain to satisfy and cool you down in the heat:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: Makes 3 servings; 2 popsicles counts as serving
Calories per Serving: 147
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 5-8 drops of stevia
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, peeled
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- In a blender or food processor, blend yogurt, milk, stevia, cinnamon, vanilla extract and banana.
- Pour a little bit of the yogurt-milk mixture into each mold. Drop in a few almond slices. Continue alternating yogurt-milk mixture with almond slices until molds are full. Gently tap the molds on the counter to help mixture settle.
- Place molds in the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours. If using wooden popsicle sticks, remove after 1 hour and insert wooden sticks. Place back in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Remove popsicles from mold and enjoy. If you have a hard time removing the popsicles, run the mold under warm water for 10 seconds or so.