Chocolate Peanut Butter French ToastRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
French toast—a go-to breakfast that often packs in the calories. But by making a few simple ingredient swaps, our Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast is a perfect pick for a guilt-free start to your day.
Fire up the stove and whip up this recipe in just 15 minutes. Easy-to-make and absolutely delicious, this Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast packs in the protein thanks to a scoop of our Chocolate Nutrisystem Shake and a special guest appearance from peanut butter.
To make this mega French Toast recipe, simply combine egg, milk, vanilla and a scoop of your Chocolate Nutrisystem Shake. Soak two slices of whole wheat bread for about ten minutes in the egg mixture. Spray a pan with nonstick spray and cook each side for about three to four minutes. Melt peanut butter and drizzle on top of each slice of the chocolatey french toast. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and enjoy a sweet and filling breakfast that makes two servings, so it’s perfect to share. Cooking for one? Simply make one piece and cut the ingredients in half!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each piece of Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra. Clocking in at 238 calories per serving, it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth the Nutrisystem-approved way. And be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily meal plan. Keeping track of your daily intake makes losing weight easy! Log your Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast right here in NuMi >
Looking to liven up your breakfast menu even more? Check out a few more of our delicious breakfast recipes that will fill you up without filling you out:
- Skinny Pumpkin Biscuits with Cinnamon Butter >
- Gluten Free Banana Bread >
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 238
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- ½ cup egg white
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. (~1 scoop) Chocolate Nutrisystem Shake
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla and Nutrisystem Shake™.
- Soak each slice of bread for 10 minutes.
- Heat pan to medium-high and spray with nonstick spray.
- Grill chocolate bread, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place peanut butter in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, until smooth and melted.
- Drizzle with peanut butter and sprinkle with chocolate chips.