If French Toast is your go-to guilty pleasure for breakfast, we’ve got some good news for you—we’ve got a French Toast Cups recipe that’s just as delicious as your calorie-filled favorite. So, what makes this recipe so special? You can whip it up in a pinch for a guilt-free start to your day.
For a diet-friendly alternative to a breakfast classic, make these French Toast Cups a regular on your weekly menu. Sweet and filling, these breakfast cups will be a hit with the whole family.
To make these French Toast Cups, start by simply whisking together egg and milk. Once egg and milk are fully combined, grab another bowl to stir and combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll out each slice of whole wheat bread until they are about an eighth-of-an-inch thick. Spread cream cheese on each slice of bread and top with a few diced strawberries.
Now comes the fun part! Tightly roll up each slice of bread into a mini cup shape. Once rolled, individually dip each cup into the egg and milk mixture and place on the pan. Cook each cup for one to two minutes per side until they’ve reached a golden brown. Sprinkle each finished French Toast Cup with the cinnamon sugar blend and serve with syrup for an extra hint of sweetness!
Counting as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan, these sweet French Toast Cups will whisk you away to weight loss (and breakfast!) bliss. This recipe yields four servings, and each cup clocks in at 137 calories. To stay on track with your weight loss goals, be sure to log each French Toast Cup in the NuMi app. Consistently keeping track of your daily intake with the help of NuMi can increase your weight loss results—so get logging!. Easily log your daily food intake right here in NuMi >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (1 cup)
Calories per Serving: 137
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crust removed
- 2 Tbsp. light cream cheese, soften to room temperature
- 2 strawberries, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With each bread slice, use a rolling pin to roll out bread to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Spread ½ tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Top with a few diced strawberries towards one side of the bread.
- Roll up bread slice tightly.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and set to medium-high. Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture and place on the pan. Cook roll for about 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Remove each roll and generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar blend.
- Serve immediately with syrup.