Pineapple Oatmeal Breakfast BarsRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Customer Submitted, Main Courses, Snacks, Desserts
Whip up a breakfast that doubles as dessert! These Pineapple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are loaded with diet-friendly flavors that taste like a tropical vacation. The main ingredient, oats, are a fiber-rich breakfast staple that is sure to fill you up and fuel your day. This morning classic is paired with the sweet and sour tastes of pineapples and raisins. Celebrate summer with fruity fare that’s filled with nutrition!
This user generated recipe was submitted by Leaf visitor, Marion, through our Recipe Submission page. Marion is a retired fireman and school maintenance worker. We’re so glad that he shared this delicious recipe for oatmeal breakfast bars that’s free of eggs, flour and added sugar. If you’re looking to start your day with a beach vacation, these healthy bars are sure to transport you to paradise!
One serving of these Pineapple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars contains 280 calories. It counts as two SmartCarbs and one PowerFuel on your Nutrisystem meal plan. If you’d like to add an Extra to your morning meal, feel free to sprinkle your bars with unsweetened coconut flakes for even more tropical flavor. You could even add a PowerFuel by throwing in some nuts like almonds, pecans or cashews. Just make sure to log your bar in the NuMi app to keep track of your daily food intake. Click here to quickly log this recipe into NuMi. >
Pineapple is extremely versatile and is often featured in both sweet and savory recipes. One cup of pineapple chunks or rings provides more than 100 percent of your daily vitamin C! It’s loaded with nutrition and is the perfect SmartCarb for your weight loss plan. (Click here to learn more about the health benefits of pineapple! >) Celebrate summer with more tropical treats that contain this delicious fruit. Check out some of our favorite healthy pineapple recipes below:
- Strawberry Pineapple Popsicles >
- Pineapple Blackberry Mint Smoothie >
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple >
- 4-Ingredient Spicy Pineapple Teriyaki Pork >
- Mahi Mahi With Pineapple Mango Salsa >
- 2-Ingredient Pineapple Whip >
- Pineapple Chicken Kebabs >
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie >
Have a favorite recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your Flex meal creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf! Share your ideas here >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 1 bar)
Calories per Serving: 280
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs and 1 PowerFuel
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (not instant oats)
- 2 2/3 cups powdered milk
- 3-4 tsp. of zero-calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together oats and powdered milk
- In a small bowl, mix together the sweetener, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract to the crushed pineapple. Stir in the raisins.
- Mix all ingredients into the dry mix. Keep mixing until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.