There’s nothing like waking up to a hot and hearty breakfast sandwich. However, when you’re trying to lose weight, this morning classic is typically off the table. Now you can enjoy your favorite brunch without ruining your healthy diet! This Everything “Bagel” Breakfast Sandwich is the perfect recipe to keep you satisfied without sabotaging your slim-down.
How did we make this breakfast favorite diet-friendly? We swapped out another morning classic with a low-carb alternative! Say goodbye to unhealthy bagels and hello to nutritious and delicious portobello mushrooms. With just a brush of olive oil, a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning and a little time in the oven, you can transform this non-starchy veggie into the perfect vessel for your sandwich fillings.
Stuffed with scrambled eggs, reduced fat provolone cheese and low sodium turkey bacon, this fully-loaded breakfast sandwich recipe has it all. Want to add another vegetable serving? Feel free to incorporate some chopped tomatoes, onions and peppers into your scramble! You can even play around with your favorite spices to make this breakfast recipe a custom creation.
This healthy Everything “Bagel” Breakfast Sandwich clocks in at just 206 calories. It counts as two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. Start your day on the right track by logging this magnificent morning meal in your NuMi app! It can help you keep your weight loss menu organized, even with a busy schedule. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Here at The Leaf Weight Loss Blog, we LOVE a good breakfast recipe. Get some morning inspiration from the healthy ideas below:
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito >
- Easy Cheddar Scones with Spinach >
- Vegetable Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust >
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito >
- Mini Pancake Bites >
Looking for more breakfast made easy? Stock up on pantry and freezer friendly options from Nutrisystem! Check out the delicious, home-delivered meals below:
- Turkey Sausage & Egg Muffin >
- Superfood Smoothie Mix >
- Apple Walnut Oatmeal >
- Canadian Style Turkey Bacon, Egg And Cheese Muffin >
- Homestyle Pancakes >
- Cherry Cheese Roll >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned food directly to your home. Learn more about our meal plans or shop our menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 206
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. everything bagel seasoning
- 2 slices turkey bacon, low sodium
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice provolone cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Clean mushroom caps and spoon out the stems and gills.
- Brush the top of each mushroom with olive oil and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Place onto the baking sheet with the tops facing up.
- Place turkey bacon on the other baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms and bacon for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, scramble eggs in a pan on the stove top.
- Assemble the sandwich by spooning the scrambled eggs into two mushroom caps. Top the eggs with a ½ slice of cheese and turkey bacon. Top each sandwich with another mushroom cap.