Start your morning and fuel your day with this plant-based wrap that’s packed with protein! A seasoned tofu scramble takes the place of eggs in bountiful breakfast burrito filled with veggies, avocado and salsa. Try this vegan recipe today!
To make this magnificent morning meal, start by heating up some olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add in crumbled firm tofu and cook for about four minutes. Season the tofu with turmeric, cumin, nutritional yeast and black pepper and stir to combine. The turmeric is what really makes the tofu look like eggs! Add in spinach, mushrooms and red onions to the tofu scramble. Cover with a lid and cook until soft.
Once your tofu scramble is finished cooking, it’s time to assemble your breakfast burrito! Place four tortillas on a flat surface and add a scoop of tofu scramble into each tortilla. Top it with salsa and avocado, the fold up your wrap around the filling.
One serving of this Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito contains 236 calories. It counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, half of a Vegetable serving and two Extras. Use our FREE NuMi app to keep track of this healthy breakfast and the rest of your daily menu. It’s the perfect tool to help you stay on track with your Nutrisystem plan. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out some of the delicious ideas below!:
- Mini Pancake Bites >
- Air Fryer Sausage, Potatoes and Veggies >
- Mushroom and Spinach Egg Bake >
- 3-Ingredient Crepes >
- Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Skillet >
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich >
- Pineapple Breakfast Bars >
Want a quick and easy breakfast without the cooking? Stock up on tasty options from the Nutrisystem menu! You’ll love our grab-and-go Double Chocolate Muffin and Peanut Butter Oat Bar. Click here to shop our full breakfast menu! >
Lose weight with delicious meals and snacks delivered to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem meal delivery service >
Calories per Serving: 236
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, ½ Vegetable and 2 Extras
- ½ block firm tofu
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. salsa
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add in crumbled tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in turmeric, cumin, nutritional yeast and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in spinach, mushrooms and red onions. Cover with a lid and cook until soft.
- Place 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Add a scoop of tofu scramble into each tortilla. Top with salsa and avocado.
- Fold up into a burrito by folding the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, then folding in both ends. Roll it up into a tight cylinder and slice in half before serving.