Mushroom and Spinach Egg BakeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Customer Submitted, Main Courses
A family style egg bake filled with protein, fiber and flavor. This healthy and hearty egg casserole is perfect for busy weekdays or even a fancy weekend brunch.
This user generated recipe was submitted by new Nutrisystem member, Phyllis, through our Recipe Submission page. She has been on Nutrisystem for two weeks. We’re so glad that she took the time to share this delicious recipe so that we could share it with all of our members and followers. It’s sure to help someone on the way to their weight loss goal!
If you have a delicious breakfast recipe that you’ve created or made your own, take a moment to share it on our Recipe Submission page. Your recipe could be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss blog for all to enjoy!
One serving of this Mushroom and Spinach Egg Bake contains 296 calories and counts as two PowerFuels, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. Click here to log your breakfast in the NuMi app >
Haven’t heard of NuMi? Head to your app store and download this weight loss essential! It’s the best app for your Nutrisystem program and makes keeping track of meals and snacks easy. Learn more about it here: NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Have a favorite recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your Flex meal creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Share your delicious ideas here! >
Get healthy and reach your weight loss goals with a delicious, easy-to-follow meal plan! Learn more about Nutrisystem >
Calories per Serving: 296
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 12 oz. bag spinach, torn
- ½ lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet and sauté the onions, mushrooms and garlic until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the spinach and sauté. Cover the skillet for about five minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Let the vegetable mixture cool and drain any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Add the cooked vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake 45-50 minutes until the center is set and the top is a nice golden brown.