Breakfast burritos are the perfect solution to your morning meal prep. They can feature many healthy ingredients and are all bundled up, ready to grab and go on those busy mornings. Whip up this Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito the night before and enjoy it on your way out the door!
This hearty breakfast features cooked onions and bell peppers that are sautéed in olive oil over medium-high heat. We also add in scrambled eggs (made with nonfat milk), black pepper and lean turkey sausage for the ultimate morning meal. And what healthy burrito is complete without plain nonfat Greek yogurt, shredded cheese and a whole wheat tortilla? Even your family will enjoy this one!
Healthy Hacks: Add a Vegetable serving to this breakfast burrito by increasing the amount of bell peppers and onions that you use. You can also add other non-starchy veggies that you enjoy, such as tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms. Pump up the flavor and add some spice with a bit of chili powder. Keep things mild with some garlic or onion powder. You can even add another SmartCarb by throwing in more high-fiber ingredients, such as black beans, corn or sweet potatoes. Check out the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide for more burrito filling inspiration! >
What’s the best part about this Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito? One of them clocks in under 300 calories! You can count it as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and half of an Extra on your Nutrisystem weight loss program. It’s the perfect Flex meal to start your morning because it’s smart and satisfying. Click here to log this Flex recipe in the NuMi app! >
Here at The Leaf, we’re REALLY into Mexican food. That’s why we have plenty of delicious and healthy ideas for burritos, tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas and more! Check out some of our favorite Mexican-inspired recipes below:
- Tropical Shrimp Taco Bowl >
- Loaded Mexican Baked Sweet Potato >
- Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito >
- Bell Pepper Nachos >
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Lime Yogurt Sauce >
- Mexican Zucchini Boats >
- Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito with Tomatoes and Spinach >
- Crispy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Vegan Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito >
Don’t feel like cooking? Check out the Nutrisystem menu for Mexican food made easy! You’ll love our Chicken Enchiladas and Chicken Burrito Bowl. Click here to explore our a la carte store! >
Get healthy and lose the weight with a convenient meal delivery service! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 287
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and ½ Extra
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 turkey sausage links
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add in chopped onions and bell peppers. Cook until soft. Set aside.
- Cook sausage links according to package directions. Chop up into small pieces.
- Grease pan with nonstick spray and heat to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Continuously stir and cook until scrambled.
- Mix in vegetables and chopped sausage. Season with black pepper.
- Place 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide the scrambled egg mixture evenly between each tortilla. Top each burrito with 1 tablespoon of cheese and 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt.
- Fold up the tortilla into a burrito by folding the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, then folding in both ends. Roll it up into a tight cylinder. Dab some Greek yogurt on the end of the wrap to help it seal.