This Loaded Mexican Baked Sweet Potato might be the simplest meal you’ll ever make. Just heat up a sweet potato and load it up with shredded chicken, cheese, salsa and low-fat sour cream or avocado. Then sprinkle on the seasonings and top with chopped onion. Serve it with a salad and voila! You’ve got a tasty and filling meal that takes minutes to make.
One serving of this delicious dish makes a perfect flex dinner if you’re following the Nutrisystem program. One half of the recipe counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and one Extra. Just wrap up the leftovers, and you’ve got another no-prep meal waiting.
Servings: Makes 2 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 serving (one half of sweet potato with filling) counts as 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 baked sweet potato, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 oz. grilled/baked shredded chicken
- 2 oz. shredded, low-fat Mexican cheese
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat sour cream or avocado
- Sprinkle of chili powder, paprika and cumin
- Chopped green onion to taste
- Poke holes in the potato with a fork, cook in microwave about 5-8 minutes rotating halfway through.
- Cut sweet potato in half lengthwise and mash up the insides of the potato, leaving it intact.
- Top each potato half with half of the low-fat cheese, shredded chicken, salsa and sour cream or avocado.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, paprika and cumin.
- Top with chopped green onion.