If you have a sweet tooth (and let’s be honest, who doesn’t!), then you’re going to want to bookmark this recipe. A combination of chocolate and cherry is turned into a delicious dessert you can enjoy with absolutely zero guilt. Whip up a batch of these Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Bites to stay on track with your healthy diet this Valentine’s Day.
If you’re looking for a chocolatey treat to liven up your Valentine’s Day menu, this recipe is quick, easy and simply delectable. Made with a homemade cherry topping, you and your significant other can top off a healthy meal with this diet-friendly dessert. Preheat the oven and line a muffin tin with eight liners. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Truvia Cane Sugar Blend, cocoa powder and an egg. Pour the cheesecake filling into the muffin tin and bake for about 15 minutes. While the filling is baking, heat cherries on the stovetop until they start to liquefy. Add a cornstarch and water slurry to the cherries and mix until a thick topping is formed. Once cheesecakes are finished baking, spoon the cherry topping onto each and pop in the fridge for at least an hour before enjoying.
This recipe yields eight cheesecakes, and each cheesecake counts as three Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Clocking in at 128 calories each, these Chocolate Cherry Bites will curb your sweet cravings the Nutrisystem-approved way. And be sure to log each cheesecake in the NuMi app. Consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so keep on logging! Easily log your food right here in NuMi to stay on track with your goals >
At Nutrisystem, we believe that flexibility leads to weight loss success, and that means you shouldn’t have to restrict yourself of all your favorite treats. Try a few more of our diet-friendly dessert recipes by checking out our chocolatey favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 8 (1 cheesecake = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 128
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 EXtras
- 8 oz. lite cream cheese
- 6 oz. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- cupcake liners
- 1 ½ cups cherries (fresh or frozen), pitted
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Insert 8 cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together cheesecake ingredients. Pour into lined muffin pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat cherries until slightly liquefied. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir into a smooth paste to create a slurry. Add slurry to cherries and mix to thicken.
- Spoon cherry sauce onto center of each cheesecake cup. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.