Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Snacks
Cottage cheese is gaining popularity worldwide, and we couldn’t be happier about it. Lately, it has been creatively incorporated into various dishes, appearing in innovative and mouthwatering creations like cottage cheese ice cream, cottage cheese cookie dough, and other delectable ideas. Joining the viral social media trend, we’ve transformed it into a nutritious and protein-rich cottage cheese pizza bowl. Join the cottage cheese revolution and enjoy this wholesome dish packed with flavor and goodness.
Envision a bowl generously filled with one-percent cottage cheese, seasoned with aromatic garlic and onion powders, a hint of Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of grated parmesan. Topped off with a layer of low-sodium marinara sauce and a blanket of part-skim mozzarella cheese, it’s baked to melty perfection for the ultimate appetizer or main course.
This recipe, inspired by the fusion of health and taste, features cottage cheese, known for its high protein content and ability to keep one satiated. The seasonings add a burst of flavor, while the marinara sauce contributes to the lushness of the dish. The mozzarella and parmesan cheeses provide a delightful creaminess, and the chosen toppings offer a personalized touch, making each bowl a unique meal.
Born out of the trend-setting world of social media, this recipe represents a lifestyle that appreciates both wellness and taste. It proves that nutritious meals can be far from dull; instead, they can be an exciting exploration of flavor profiles and textures.
The Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl recipe turns every meal into a harmonious blend of health and taste. The promise it holds is simple – a recipe that’s as fulfilling to prepare as it is to enjoy, a meal that anyone can easily whip up in their own kitchen. So, dive into the detailed recipe that follows, and embark on a delightful culinary voyage.
A Healthy Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Recipe
This Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl recipe makes four servings, each providing a mere 237 calories (excluding toppings or dippers). For those on the Nutrisystem plan, this recipe counts as two PowerFuels and one Extra in the NuMi app.
To create this decadent dish, the following ingredients are required: one-percent cottage cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, grated parmesan cheese, low-sodium marinara sauce, part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, and your choice of toppings and dippers.
The preparation process is straightforward yet rewarding. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven heats, place the cottage cheese into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved. To this, add the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese, stirring well to combine.
Once the mixture is ready, pour it into a baking dish or divide among four oven-safe ramekins. Layer the marinara sauce over the cottage cheese mixture, followed by the mozzarella and chosen toppings. The preparation is now ready to be baked.
Place the dish or ramekins in the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes. After this, switch the oven to broil and allow the dish to broil for an additional minute or two. This step gives the cheese a beautiful golden hue and a slightly crispy texture.
A Canvas for Your Favorite Toppings
The beauty of the Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl lies in its versatility. You can customize this dish to suit your preferences by playing around with various toppings. Here are some creative ideas to get you started:
- Meat Lovers – If you’re a fan of meaty pizzas, consider adding some lean proteins as toppings. Grilled chicken, turkey pepperoni or turkey bacon could be excellent choices. These will add a satisfying chew and extra protein to your meal.
- Veggie Delight – For a garden-fresh twist, load up on a variety of vegetables. Think bell peppers in multiple colors for a vibrant look, fresh tomatoes for a juicy bite, olives for a briny punch, or sautéed mushrooms for an earthy flavor.
- Mediterranean Mix – Give your pizza bowl a Mediterranean spin by using toppings like feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olive, and a sprinkle of za’atar spice blend.
- Spicy Kick – If you enjoy a bit of heat, consider adding some spicy toppings. Jalapenos, crushed red pepper flakes or a drizzle of hot sauce can add a fiery kick to your pizza bowl.
- All-Cheese – For cheese lovers, why not try a combination of different cheeses? A mix of cheddar, Monterey Jack and blue cheese, for instance, could create a rich, cheesy delight.
Perfect Dipping Companions for Your Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl
The joy of the Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl doesn’t end with the toppings. It’s also a perfect dish to be paired with a variety of dippable foods. Here are some suggestions:
- Crispy Breadsticks – These are a classic choice. You can opt for garlic, whole grain or even gluten-free breadsticks depending on your dietary preferences.
- Fresh Veggies – If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, raw vegetables like carrot sticks, cucumber slices, bell pepper strips and cherry tomatoes make for refreshing dippers.
- Tortilla Chips – For a bit of a crunch, tortilla chips are a great option. You could choose from a range of flavors available in the market or even make your own tortilla chips.
- Pita Bread – Warm, soft pita bread is another delightful choice. You can cut them into wedges for easy dipping.
- Grissini (Italian Breadsticks) – Thin and crispy, grissini offers a unique texture that pairs well with the creamy cottage cheese.
- Pretzels – Both mini pretzel sticks and pretzel crisps work well as dippers, adding a salty twist to your pizza bowl.
Don’t forget – the Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl is all about customization. Mix and match your favorite flavors to create a Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl that’s uniquely yours. Use the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide and enjoy the process of experimenting and discovering your ideal combination.
Calories per Serving: 237 (does not include toppings or dippers)
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- Toppings of choice (e.g., turkey pepperoni, green peppers, olives, tomatoes, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cottage cheese into a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Pour cottage cheese mixture into a baking dish or 4 oven-safe ramekins.
- Top with marinara sauce, mozzarella and toppings of choice.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with dippers, such as bread slices or mini bell peppers.