French Onion Breakfast Naan FlatbreadRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Your favorite fancy soup is transformed into a hearty and healthy breakfast with a twist. This creative flatbread is easy enough for weekend mornings yet still worthy for Easter brunch. Wake up to the classic flavors of French onion soup: swiss cheese, caramelized onions, beef broth and crispy bread are all a part of this delicious French Onion Breakfast Naan Flatbread recipe.
This easy breakfast flatbread recipe starts out on the stovetop: Heat a large pan to medium heat and add light butter. Once it’s hot, add thinly sliced sweet onions and spread them into an even layer. Cook the onions for about 15 to 20 minutes until they are caramelized. Make sure to stir the onions occasionally. If they are looking dried out or sticking to the pan, add a bit of beef broth or water for some moisture. When they are almost finished cooking, add in some chopped broccolini.
While your veggies are cooking, you can preheat your oven to 400 degrees and chop up some swiss cheese. Now it’s time to assemble your flatbreads! Place three whole wheat naan flatbreads (or any regular whole wheat flatbreads) onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle them with swiss cheese and top with the caramelized onions and broccolini. Crack two eggs on each flatbread and season them with black pepper. Bake everything for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the egg yolks are cooked. Garnish with thyme and enjoy!
This easy breakfast recipe make six servings, with half of a flatbread counting as one serving. This contains 278 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and one and half PowerFuels on the Nutrisystem program. While there isn’t enough veggies in this recipe to count as a full Vegetable serving, you can feel free to add more! Have some fun and get creative with your favorite non-starchy choices. Sliced tomatoes or bell peppers would be super tasty.
Start your day on the right track by logging your French Onion Breakfast Naan Flatbread in the NuMi app! Keeping track of your daily food intake can keep you on track with your weight loss goals. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Pro Tip: If you are looking for a creative way to prepare your Nutrisystem Garlic Cheese Flatbread, this recipe is the perfect option! Just swap out the naan flatbread and top it with the same ingredients. The Garlic Cheese Flatbread counts as one Nutrisystem Lunch. Stick to one egg to add one PowerFuel and use the cheese that comes with your flatbread instead of the Swiss. Throw on some onions, broccolini, black pepper and thyme and you’ve got a delicious brunch that’s weight loss-approved!
Fill up on the flavors of French onion soup! Check out these other healthy recipes:
Lose weight and build healthier habits with an easy to follow plan and convenient meal delivery. Get started with Nutrisystem today! >
Servings: 6 (1 serving = ½ flatbread)
Calories per Serving: 278
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 ½ PowerFuels
- 3 whole wheat naan flatbreads (or regular whole wheat flatbreads)
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 2 Tbsp. beef broth or water
- 3 slices swiss cheese, reduced fat
- 1 cup broccolini heads, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add butter. Once hot, add the onions and spread into an even layer. Stir the onions occasionally. If the onions are looking dried out or sticking to the pan, add a bit of broth or water. Cook until caramelized, about 15-20 minutes. Towards the end, add the chopped broccolini. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet.
- Chop up the swiss cheese and sprinkle it on the flatbreads. Top with onions and broccolini. Crack 2 eggs on each flatbread and season with pepper.
- Bake flatbreads for 10-15 minutes or until the egg yolks are cooked. Remove from oven and sprinkle with thyme.