Light Fruit and Cheese SandwichRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
As any well versed hostess (or party-goer) knows… fruit and cheese are an irresistible combination.
This Light Fruit & Cheese Sandwich is an absolutely delightful combination of sweet, fresh mixed fruit, honey, light cottage cheese and cheddar stuffed into an airy yet filling whole wheat pita pocket. Chopped green onion adds an extra flair that leaves our taste buds wanting more of this fantastic recipe. This ideal flex meal starter is all completely dietitian-approved, and satisfies sandwich cravings in a totally unique and amazing way.
Just log the Light Fruit & Cheese Sandwich as a SmartCarb, two Powerfuels and an Extra, if you’re on Nutrisystem and let the appetizer-inspired sandwich feasting begin. Log this recipe in the NuMi app here >
Still a little fuzzy on flex meals? Click here for more info >
Calories per Serving: 283
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Powerfuels and 1 Extra
- 1 cup cottage cheese, low fat, low sodium
- ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 6-inch whole wheat pita, cut in half
- 1 cup mixed fruit (strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, etc), cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion (green part)
- 1 tsp. honey
- In a small bowl, stir together cottage cheese, cheddar, fruit, honey and green onion
- To serve, spoon the fruit and cheese mixture into the pitas