Green Monster Zucchini MuffinsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides, Snacks, Desserts
Scare the fat and calories away with these Green Monster Zucchini Muffins.
This recipe isn’t just jam-packed with greens to supercharge your day with all the right nutrition, it’s seriously delicious, too! Muffins get a bad rap in the weight loss world, but these sinfully moist little guys are just as healthy as they are tasty. At just 87 calories per serving, Green Monster Muffins are surely the smartest SmartCarb choice you’ll make all day! Green food just got a serious flavor makeover. Top these beauties with a tablespoon of almond butter or serve them with a cup of nonfat milk for an oh-so craveable flex snack.
Calories per Serving: 87
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (6 oz.) bag fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup mashed banana
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: Flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine applesauce, almond milk and spinach. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely puréed. Add banana and vanilla; blend on low just to mix.
- Pour puréed mixture into dry mixture. Then, add grated zucchini and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.