Crispy AND tasty—these Baked Hash Browns are the perfect addition to any meal (especially breakfast!). Pair these Hash Browns with an old-fashioned omelet and start your day with some crunch, some flavor and some Nutrisystem-approved deliciousness!
In just five simple steps, you can whip up these Hash Browns to share with the family or enjoy throughout the week. By shredding peeled russet potatoes, you’ll create your base. After mixing with salt, you’ll remove all excess water in the potatoes by wringing them out in a kitchen towel.
Once you’ve removed the excess liquid, combine the shredded potatoes with green onions, cornstarch, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Split the mixture into three mounds and flatten on a baking sheet. Be sure to mist the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
Pop them in the oven for 15 minutes and flip them at least once with a spatula. Watch these breakfast delights turn to golden brown and voila—you have created the ultimate, crispy and delicious breakfast side dish!
At just 90 calories per serving, these Baked Hash Browns are a diet-friendly alternative to a classic breakfast side that often packs in the calories and unhealthy ingredients. Counting as just one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this crunchy creation is bound to become a breakfast go-to.
Be sure to log your Baked Hash Browns in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track toward your weight loss goals. Not familiar with the many benefits of using our handy weight loss app? Check out these 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
We’ve got plenty of side dish deliciousness to add to your menu. Check out our Easy Instant Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes > for a quick addition to dinner, or try Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms with Honey Balsamic Drizzle for the ultimate veggie side.
Servings: Makes 3 hash browns; each hash brown counts as 1 serving.
Calories per Serving: 90
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 2 cups shredded, peeled russet potatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together shredded potatoes with ½ tsp. salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to clean kitchen towel and wring out excess liquid.
- Return potatoes to bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Divide mixture into 3 mounds on prepared baking sheet and lightly press to flatten. Mist tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then using a spatula, flip carefully. Bake until hash browns are golden and crisp around edges for about 10 additional minutes.