Featuring tender baked chicken loaded with a creamy, flavorful spinach and ricotta cheese combo, this healthy stuffed chicken recipe is so delicious, it’s no wonder it’s Nutrisystem weight loss expert Kristen Flynn’s favorite dinner dish.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 3 Vegetables and 1 Extra
- 3 oz. raw chicken breast
- ¼ cup light ricotta cheese
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a saucepan to medium heat then add oil and one cup spinach and let cook for three or four minutes (until is it slightly wilted). Stir in the ricotta cheese for about 30-60 seconds and allow it to cool.
- Cook the remaining spinach on its own once ricotta/spinach mixture is complete.
- Remove excess fat from chicken breast. Then cut slits in the chicken about three-quarters of the way through the breast and about one centimeter apart from one another.
- Stuff the cheese/spinach combo down into the slits, stuffing each cut with the mixture.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika on chicken then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Boil a half cup of water in small sauce pan. Once water is boiling, add a half cup long grain brown rice and let sit until rice has puffed. Once rice has cooked, stir in the two cups plain spinach.
- Serve rice and spinach combination with chicken once complete.