Cheese and Spinach Stuffed ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Featuring tender baked chicken loaded with a creamy, flavorful spinach and ricotta cheese combo, this healthy stuffed chicken recipe is so delicious, it’s no wonder it’s Nutrisystem weight loss expert Kristen Flynn’s favorite dinner dish.
Calories per Serving: 372
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 3 Vegetables and 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cups spinach, divided
- ¼ cup light ricotta cheese
- 3 oz. raw chicken breast
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a saucepan to medium heat, then add the olive oil. Add 1 cup of spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly wilted. Stir in the ricotta cheese for about 30-60 seconds and allow it to cool.
- Once the ricotta/spinach mixture is complete, cook the remaining spinach on its own.
- Remove the excess fat from chicken breast. Cut slits in the chicken about ¾ of the way through the breast and about 1 centimeter apart from one another.
- Stuff the ricotta/spinach combo down into the slits, stuffing each cut with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and paprika onto the chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir the 2 cups of plain spinach into the cooked brown rice.
- Serve the rice and spinach combination with the cooked chicken.