Taco Tuesday just got tastier! These marinated steak tacos offer a fun, fruity twist on a classic dish, featuring a blackberry mango pico de gallo and soft, whole wheat tortillas. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo the healthy way with this sweet yet savory steak supper!
An Easy Marinated Steak Taco Recipe
We start off this recipe by whipping up a steak taco marinade using fresh blackberries, low sodium soy sauce, lime juice, honey, minced garlic, dried thyme and black pepper. Blend it all together in a blender or food processor, then pour it over lean flank or sirloin steak. Cover and let the steak marinate in the fridge.
After at least four hours, remove the steak from the fridge and discard the marinade. Cook the steak on the grill or broil it in the oven for six minutes per side, or until it reaches your desired doneness. Let it rest for five minutes, then slice it against the grain.
Next, it’s time to whip up the star of this taco dinner, the fruity pico de gallo! We recommend picking up a simple, pre-made pico de gallo from your local grocery store. Then all you have to do is mix in chopped mango and blackberries.
Assemble your Blackberry Steak Tacos by placing the sliced steak into whole wheat fajita tortillas. Top them with the blackberry mango pico de gallo, crumbled feta cheese and diced avocado.
This recipe serves four, with two tacos counting as one serving. Each serving contains 480 calories. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, make sure to log it in your NuMi app journal as two SmartCarbs, two PowerFuels and one Extra.
Like most taco recipes, this meal is very versatile. You can swap out the steak with grilled chicken, fish or even tofu for a Meatless Monday meal.
If you like a little spicy with your sweet, add some hot peppers to your pico de gallo. The crumbled feta can also be replaced with another cheese that you enjoy, such as Swiss, sharp cheddar or mozzarella.
Watching your carbs? Replace the whole wheat tortillas with lettuce wraps! It’s refreshing, crunchy and just as delicious.
More Tasty Taco Recipes
If you loved these healthy Blackberry Steak Tacos, we have more recipes for you to try! Check out some of our other favorite taco recipes below:
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 2 tacos)
Calories per Serving: 480
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. lean flank or sirloin steak
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup blackberries, chopped finely
- ½ cup mango, chopped finely
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 whole wheat fajita tortillas
- Blend together the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pour over the steak, cover and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Remove and discard marinade.
- Grill or broil steak for 6 minutes per side or until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes and slice against the grain.
- Combine pico de gallo, chopped blackberries and mango.
- Assemble tacos by placing steak in tortillas. Top with blackberry-mango pico de gallo, feta cheese and avocado.