Taco Tuesday just got tastier! If you’re looking for a new and improved way to cook with tilapia, this delicious recipe for healthy tacos is sure to become a new favorite. Featuring a homemade chipotle sauce, a crunchy slaw and all of your favorite taco toppings, the whole family will love this fish taco recipe that’s packed with fresh flavor and healthy ingredients.
Healthy Hacks: Feel free to swap tilapia with your favorite white fish! You can also add more non-starchy vegetables, such as sliced onions and bell peppers. Have another Extra to spare for the day? Throw on a tablespoon of avocado or guacamole!
One serving of these Tasty Tilapia Tacos contains 457 calories. They count as two SmartCarbs, one and half PowerFuels, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving of the Nutrisystem program. Log these Tasty Tilapia Tacos in the NuMi app to stay within your daily meal plan! NuMi makes it easy to stay organized and on-plan throughout your weight loss journey. Click here to log this recipe in your NuMi journal! >
Searching for more healthy Mexican food recipes? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is here to help! Check out the delicious, nutritious and Nutrisystem-approved meal ideas below:
- Tofu Taco Bowl >
- Mexican Street Corn Dip >
- One-Pan Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa >
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers >
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Lime Yogurt Sauce >
- Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Crunchy Turkey Taco Wrap >
- Shrimp Fajita Bowl >
- Mini Chicken Taco Salad Bowl >
- Bell Pepper Nachos >
Do you have your own tasty taco recipe or Mexican food creation? We want to hear about it! Submit your recipes and photos of them on our recipe submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf. Click here to submit your recipes! >
Nutrisystem makes weight loss simple! We offer perfectly portioned versions of your favorite meals and snacks. Plus, we deliver them right to your home! From easy breakfasts to hearty dinners to delicious snacks in between, we’re your go-to meal delivery service. We even have diet-friendly versions of your Mexican-inspired favorites! (Hello, Chicken Enchiladas.)
Calories per Serving: 457
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 1 ½ PowerFuels, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 1 lb. tilapia
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8 wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce + 1 adobo pepper
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. light mayo
- Blend together adobo pepper and sauce, yogurt, and mayo. Set aside.
- Make a slaw by mixing half of the chipotle mixture with the shredded cabbage and lime juice. Mix well to coat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, black pepper and oregano. Coat both sides of the tilapia with the seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tilapia and cook 3 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Warm up the tortillas by placing them in microwave with a lightly damp paper towel for about 20 seconds.
- Divide the slaw equally among the tortillas. Chop up the tilapia into large chunks and place it on top of the slaw. Sprinkle the tacos with chopped tomatoes, feta cheese and chopped cilantro.